I don't play for Gulbadin or cricket board: Rashid Khan

SOUTHAMPTON: "Neither do I play for Gulbadin nor for the cricket board (ACB) but for Afghanistan," mentioned the group's big name spinner Rashid Khan.

World Cup Schedule | Points Table


Rashid made the observation when asked if his dating with skipper Gulbadin Naib has strained for voicing his displeasure at exchange of captaincy.

Rashid and Afghanistan's different celebrity Mohammed Nabi had raised objections when Gulbadin changed Asghar Afghan as the skipper for the World Cup, one thing that didn't go down well with the country's cricket board.

With 5 directly losses, there are a lot of conspiracy theories being floated together with one about Rashid's strained dating with Gulbadin, one thing that may have impacted the spinner's performance, which contains World Cup's worst bowling figures in opposition to England.

"I think there is no problem in my relationship with Gulbadin. I support him as much as I did when Asghar was the captain. If I supported Asghar 50 per cent on the field, Gulbadin has my 100 per cent support," Rashid mentioned in an unique interview at the eve of their fit in opposition to India.

"Right from time we landed in England, no one has spoken about the issue. I think it was blown out of proportion by the media. Some of us have been playing together for 15-16 years. So if nothing has happened in more than decade, then what can suddenly change in a day or two."

But in relation to his tackle exchange in captaincy, Rashid selected to stick to his guns.

"Neither do I play for Gulbadin nor for the cricket board. I play for the flag, for Afghanistan. I know what my job is and I will continue doing that. "That tweet via me or Nabi, wasn't in fortify of Asghar. We raised our voice for the betterment of Afghanistan cricket," the 20-year-old spinner, who's the most important member of IPL group Sunrisers Hyderabad mentioned.

Rashid calls it a concept stand and now not in opposition to any particular particular person.

"Had anyone else been appointed captain, my stand wouldn't have changed. That wasn't the suitable time to modify the captain. I have not anything non-public in supporting Asghar. I'm really not the one one that's announcing that. The whole international is announcing that," he mentioned.

Rashid then defined why he felt that the time used to be now not suitable to modify captaincy.

"We had been going to play a big tournament like the World Cup. The aggregate didn't look like Asia Cup and for those who tinker with the combination prior to a big tournament, it isn't a great thing. That used to be the cause of the tweet," he mentioned.

Used to being showered with accolades for game-changing performances, the ignominy of recording World Cup's worst-ever bowling performance (9-0-110-0) has been a humbling revel in, especially with the type of brickbats he received on social media.

"I'm really not thinking an excessive amount of about that fit. People fail to remember 10 excellent days and conveniently remember the fact that one particular dangerous day. They don't like to bear in mind what Rashid did on previous 10 days," he mentioned.

"I might center of attention at the mistakes I dedicated in that fit and rectify those in the coming suits. No point fascinated by the criticism. I want to keep things simple," added the 20-year-old, striking up a brave entrance.

But he did acknowledge that now not taking part in sufficient video games in opposition to large teams has been an enormous issue for the Afghans.


"Actually, we've not played a lot in opposition to teams like Australia and England and that pressure may be there. In a degree like World cup, abruptly the pressure increases manifold while you play in opposition to large sides and that can impact the performance," Rashid reasoned.


"This is the first time, we played South Africa in an ODI. We played New Zealand and Australia after 2015 World Cup. If you play a group as soon as in four years, you're sure to stand issues. As avid gamers, we understood we want to work more difficult."


He did accept that Afghanistan need work on its bowling department.


"As a bowling unit, we want to do more. Yes, we've got been struggling in tempo bowling department. I believe we want to have correct 140 kph plus bowlers. We need those bowlers in those prerequisites. It's now not that we can get a lot of these bowlers in a 12 months. It will take time," Rashid signed off.
I don't play for Gulbadin or cricket board: Rashid Khan I don't play for Gulbadin or cricket board: Rashid Khan Reviewed by Kailash on June 21, 2019 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.