I am not leaving with selectors' permission: Nehra

NEW DELHI: Veteran Ashish Nehra has fastened a stinging counter-attack on chief selector MSK Prasad for his feedback on the seamer's retirement, pronouncing he started playing without the selectors' permission and resides it likewise.

Nehra walked into cricketing sundown the day prior to this after an 18-year injury-ravaged international career, which had witnessed many highs and lows.

"I heard this," Nehra mentioned when requested about Prasad's feedback that he used to be not going to be considered for selection beyond the New Zealand T20Is.

"I do not know. The chairman of selection committee has not spoken to me about this. You have requested me this question, and I will most effective tell you about my interplay with the team control.

"When I reached Ranchi, I told Virat about my plan, and his first reaction used to be, 'Are you positive? You can still play IPL. You can play as coach-cum-player.' I mentioned no. I'm retiring completely."

The 38-year-old Nehra made it clear that he didn't ask for a farewell game, calling himself lucky that he were given one in front of his home crowd.

"I have been pronouncing this over and over again. Luckily this game took place to be in Delhi. I have not requested for a farewell game or anything else. This is perhaps a method that god has rewarded me for the entire laborious paintings I have put in during the last eight-nine years.

"I hope Virat and coach Ravi Shastri are part of the team management because those are the people I spoke to. I have not spoken to any selector over this issue."

He additional added, "When I started playing cricket, I didn't take any selector's permission. When I am leaving, I am not leaving with their permission."

Prasad had just lately mentioned that there used to be no assurance on Nehra's availability for the first T20 International on the Feroz Shah Kotla.


"We have clearly communicated to the player, ie: Ashish Nehra, and to the team management that we are only looking at him till the New Zealand series," Prasad had mentioned.


Nehra mentioned he used to be satisfied about his decision to call it quits and used to be satisfied to peer the growth made by means of Bhuvneshwar Kumar alongside Jasprit Bumrah, two of the most efficient seam bowlers around in these conditions.


"When I went there, I went with my plan. I felt that Bhuvneshwar Kumar used to be in a position. If you had noticed previous, Bumrah and I have been playing.


"Even these days other folks have been wondering if Ashish Nehra will play or not, but if I used to be within the 15 these days, I used to be clearly going to play. I didn't come to simply go searching," Nehra told journalists.
I am not leaving with selectors' permission: Nehra I am not leaving with selectors' permission: Nehra Reviewed by Kailash on November 02, 2017 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.