Murray will trim 2018 schedule to avoid injury issues

Former global number one Andy Murray plans to trim his time table in the new season to prevent a recurrence of the injuries that blighted his marketing campaign in 2017.

ALSO READ: Tomas Berdych sees end of 'big four' era

Murray, who has struggled with a chronic hip damage since a quarter-final exit at Wimbledon in July last year, pulled out of the United States Open and dropped to 16th in the world ratings.

ALSO READ: Refreshed Murray ready for 2018 assault

"I'll probably make some changes to my schedule this year," Murray, who will take part in the Brisbane International, instructed newshounds. "I will no doubt play less than I have previously to present my body time to rest and recuperate.


"I might want to play so long as I may just physically do it, and lots of the avid gamers would really feel the same means... giving yourself breaks, especially as you grow older, is very important and something that I will no doubt be taking a look to do."


Murray returned to motion in an exhibition fit against Roberto Bautista Agut last Friday and is assured his hip has healed sufficiently to allow him to compete at the most sensible degree.


"My hip feels means higher than it did at Wimbledon," he said. "At Wimbledon, I virtually made the semi-finals... So if it is higher than that, then that is positive.


"But playing the matches and getting used to that intensity again and how you recover from a match is what is important. And I'm hoping I'm going to be okay, but you never know for sure until you go through it."
Murray will trim 2018 schedule to avoid injury issues Murray will trim 2018 schedule to avoid injury issues Reviewed by Kailash on January 02, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.