A fine blend of compassion and commitment for better lives

BENGALURU: People who had accrued on Friday at Sri Sathya Sai Loka Seva Trust’s auditorium in Muddenahalli, 59km north of Bengaluru, were stuffed with piety and devotion.

They were commemorating the 93rd start anniversary of their guru, Sri Sathya Sai Baba. They were additionally eager to see seven young achievers from internationally chosen for the Sri Sathya Sai Award for Human Excellence who embody what the human spirit can succeed in via mixing compassion and dedication.

The awardees are a range of things: from saving the endangered scavenger hen Greater Adjunct in Assam to the usage of sports to result in consciousness on training and socio-economic building, to offering residential training for kids of the downtrodden to making use of technology to equip visually challenged persons to take in science.

Purnima Devi Barman from Assam, an ecologist whose paintings in saving the Greater Adjutant (Hargila) via creating consciousness thru her Hargila Army. Vinayak Lohani was chosen for his paintings in West Bengal in offering free residential training for deficient kids and day care centre in Madhya Pradesh.

The undeniable fact that no longer an afternoon passes in Manipur with out gun killing had pushed Binalakshmi Nepram to do analysis on hands proliferation in the state and form the Control Arms Foundation of India (CAFI) that proposes womenled disarmament policies.

Bengaluru’s Dr Sunil Kumar Hebbi has been travelling in his Mobile Doctor Clinic since 2010 to villages, slums, old age homes, building web page to treat patients free of cost.

Ambika Kameshwar from Tamil Nadu was chosen for her unique manner of engaging bodily challenged kids and those with a couple of challenges thru theatre the usage of her foundation Ramana Sunritya Alaya.

For Kartik Sawhney, the motto has been to empower visually challenged to be told science and technology. He founded I-STEM (Inclusive Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) which opened doorways for many students with visual impairment to review and practice career in science and technology.

He additionally co-founded social venture NextBillion.org, a mentorship programme for college kids with disabilities involved in technology.

Kenyan athlete Tegla Chepkite Loroupe is understood for the usage of sports for socio-economic alternate, conflict solution and poverty aid. Her paintings has inspired many nomadic groups in Kenya to desert weapons and identify peace.

The winners

Vinayak Lohani (Unity of Religions)


While pursuing my Masters degree in IIM Calcutta, I used to be transparent I didn’t wish to paintings in the company sector. I opted out of placements. I set to work with kids from the lower economic strata and supplied them with a residential college. Since 2003, over 2,000 kids were educated via us up to now. More than 100 of them are actually running.

Kartik Sawhney (Education)


I didn’t wish to limit myself to weaving baskets. Providing a chance for a visually challenged person must no longer be a favour however an investment. I graduated in Computer Science in the USA. I felt things must alternate again home. I returned to make science training out there for many like me.

Ambika Kameshwar (Music and Fine Arts)


I take advantage of theatre for holistic building. Therapy and bodily exercise for kids with autism and cerebral palsy and other disabilities can also be made fascinating via instructing them dance and theatre activities with tune in the background. Everyone has other challenges and figuring out each person’s power makes a difference. I have educated over 20,000 special kids in 30 years.

Dr Sunil Kumar Hebbi (Health)


I used to be surprised once I got a call about the award. I requested them how they knew about me and my paintings. Such awards actually empower us. A site visitors twist of fate on Hosur Road in 2010 changed my life. When the twist of fate sufferer’s mother met me after 3 days to thank me, I felt I must have had extra clinical equipment in my car so that I may just attend to injuries or any emergency higher. That’s once I started going around in a mobile medical institution.

Purnima Devi Barman (Environment)


I grew up in my grandma’s space, sitting beside a paddy field staring at the Greater Adjutant (Hargila). A scavenger hen, it feeds on carcasses together with human corpses. I wanted to save lots of those nonglamorous birds and that’s once I started a gaggle of village women for conservation of the globally endangered Greater Adjutant.

Binalakshmi Nepram (Women and Child Welfare)



I, on behalf of Manipur Women Gun Survivors Network, Control Arms Foundation of India and the Northeast India Women Initiative for Peace receive this honour with deep humility and gratitude. It’s dedicated to all women, adolescence survivors of Manipur, Northeast India and the sector.


Tegla Chepkite Loroupe (Sports)


Tegla Chepkite Loroupe hails from a Pokot tribal circle of relatives of Kenya. When she became six, she started operating to university 10km from home. She received the New York City marathon twice. She founded the Tegla Loroupe Peace Foundation in 2003 to advertise socio-economic building and peace. She additionally set up a school and an orphanage for kids in Uganda.
A fine blend of compassion and commitment for better lives A fine blend of compassion and commitment for better lives Reviewed by Kailash on November 25, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.