Jailed here for 17 years, Pak man returns as post grad

ATTARI: Pakistani national Jalaluddin, 47, had arrived in India in 2001 on a spying undertaking and to carry out disruptive activities when he was once arrested. A high school passout then, he returned to his country on Tuesday, armed with a postgraduate stage besides being a theologian.

While in an Indian prison for 17 years, Jalaludeen studied Bhagavad Gita, Buddhist scriptures, the Bible and Quran.

When TOI caught up with him at Attari, moments earlier than he crossed the border, he said he was once taking along a replica of the Gita with him. “I revere this holy e book so I couldn’t leave it in the back of,” he said, adding that he would proceed to learn other spiritual books to be had on the web.

When arrested from Varanasi Cantonment, Jalaluddin was once found carrying sensitive subject matter, together with pictures of quite a lot of important installations and maps, and was once imprisoned for 16 years under the Official Secrets Act and Foreigners Act.

When asked whether or not he was once despatched via Pakistani company ISI on a spying undertaking to India, he answered, “No, I was caught without a passport or other trip documents.”


Recalling that he was once handiest 30 when arrested here, he said, “The body of workers and setting on the prison inspired me to check. As a consequence, I first cleared intermediate after which did MA from Indira Gandhi National Open University.” On a lighter observe, he added, “Now I qualify for a excellent workplace job in Pakistan. Don’t I?”


When asked about his experience within the Indian prison, he answered, “It was once like a family. I do really feel excellent as I'm going back to my country and have the ability to meet my relations there, I'm additionally conscious that I'm leaving a family in the back of in India.”


He said his folks had died and he didn't know how a lot of his relations were alive.


Jalaluddin is also a professional electrician and was once an umpire within the Jail Cricket League for 3 years. He said he took up an electrician’s route in prison and had an hobby for cricket. “India has given me so much that I will’t omit it in this lifetime. I want India and Pakistan resolve their variations and unite once again to get rid of poverty, corruption, unemployment and change into the strongest country of the world,” he said.
Jailed here for 17 years, Pak man returns as post grad Jailed here for 17 years, Pak man returns as post grad Reviewed by Kailash on November 08, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.