New year, new challenges

'Aiming for work-life balance'
A K Singh, Commissioner of Police, Ahmedabad
Relentless focal point on my process might be no excuse for not spending high quality time with family. I shall save sufficient money and steal sufficient time to head on a couple of dream trips which my wife and I've been planning for a very long time. I additionally plan to marvel my daughters with introduced visits. No obsessive fitness goals for me this yr. However, I will be able to indisputably love to develop a technically correct 200 m butterfly swimming capability. I plan to take up a memory challenge of memorising a minimum of 200 phone numbers (I take into account not up to 4 at the present). My close to and dear ones need me to be less stiff in life and develop some sense of humour, so that's at the record, too. On behalf of my department, I promise voters of Ahmedabad a protected and protected yr and hope our collaborative efforts to deliver order and civility on city roads will exchange the town forever.

'Smart governance'
Dr Vikrant Pandey, Collector, Ahmedabad
As the district collector, I will be able to say that 2018 has been an overly enough yr for us. Ahmedabad as a city has completed a lot this yr. Our efforts might be to make management smoother, more environment friendly, transparent and citizen-friendly with most use of know-how. We are also centered at the good governance idea. It will come with each voters and the collectorate to gain wider acceptability and transparency. The executive has planned housing societies for backward categories at inexpensive charges and we can paintings aggressively on that. There might be special focal point on MSMEs, jobs for teens and skill construction. Major infrastructure initiatives just like the Ahmedabad Metro Rail undertaking, the bullet teach undertaking and the improvement of world airport at Dholera might be completed in the coming years. We are also looking ahead to fresh agricultural reforms for farmers.

To have a greater private and professional life
Vinod Rao, IAS, Secretary, Primary Education
Every yr, I make a solution to have work-life balance. I set a deadline of 6 pm to talk about work at home. But I fail in implementing it as when you paintings committedly and professionally, it turns into tough to handle it. This yr, I'm eager about implementing it. Focus on health, bodily fitness and actions that bust pressure is need of the hour. On skilled degree, my focal point might be to enforce measures for learning outcome overview, at the lines of our efforts to enforce weekly overview check. Increasing utilization of know-how in lecture room may be our subsequent goal. Priority is to have a device the place a student's learning is not taken with no consideration, however they are provided lend a hand to grasp and be informed in correct way.

'More me-time'
Ashish K Bhatia, Director General of Police,
CID (Crime and Railways), Gujarat
For reasonably a while now, I've been seeking to get up at five.30 am, however only get off the bed between 6.15 am and six.30 am. I do yoga 3 times a week, and walk and jog on Sabarmati Riverfront on other days. I commit an hour-and-a-half to exercise day-to-day, however now need to come with meditation, and take out time for myself, too. On the pro front, I would like the worry of regulation in every Ponzi culprit who dupes people in their hard earned money. I need to create sufficient awareness some of the public so that they do not fall for guiles. I would like the people of Ahmedabad to resolve not to invest in such schemes.

'Spreading happiness might be my endeavour'
Manoj Gangal, Director, Ahmedabad airport

I do not make resolutions. I continue to paintings more difficult towards bringing happiness to people round me. This focal point is not on just family and friends, but additionally on self. In addition, I will be able to be operating on giving personal touch (to our services) and connecting more with passengers travelling to and from Ahmedabad airport. I intention for continuous betterment of our airport. In all the coming years, I will be able to be more concerned about making improvements to services at the airport to deliver comfort and smile on every passenger's face.

'Making analysis GTU's identification'
Navin Sheth, VC, GTU

I plan to take Gujarat Technological University to the following degree in 2019. To start with, we suggest and want to identify two new incubation centres - bio-technology and design incubation centre. It is the need of the hour. GTU needs to make analysis its identification and so, our intention would be to have new analysis laboratory - for engineering and pharmacy every so that PhD and master level students can receive advantages. Over time, we have now realised that like lecturers, sports activities plays the most important function in shaping character. And so, we can make certain good sports activities facilities on our Chandkheda campus. On a non-public degree, I've always given significance to good health and do yoga on a daily basis. Though students are turning into acutely aware of the need for good health, it'll be my endeavour to unfold this additional.

(L-R)Vinod Rao, Ashish K Bhatia, Manoj Gangal, Navin Sheth


'Put city on international map'
Jaxay Shah, CREDAI president and ASSOCHAM chairman, Gujarat chapter
The yr long past via has been so eventful with GST and the Real Estate Regulatory Authority (RERA). I began our office in Mumbai, and now with turning into the chairman for ASSOCHAM, I've more tasks. For the New Year, as a chairman, I will be able to strive to put Ahmedabad and Gujarat at the international map in the fields of IT, prescription drugs, real property, et al. I will be able to lend a hand start-u.s.and children to get sufficient opportunities to growth. I will be able to spice up ability construction programmes as they lead to environment friendly workforces. On a non-public degree, I need to resume my leisure pursuits. I need to read more books and take time to introspect. Mental health has been a big issue in recent times, and I need to make certain I keep myself healthy to increase efficiency. Only then I will be able to give a contribution to the larger good.

'To keep writing and draw'
Esther David, Author

The yr ended on a top with the discharge of my e book after a two-year wait. So sure, it was once a good yr. My solution for this yr, too, is to keep on writing as much as I will be able to. The paintings for my subsequent e book is in its final phases, so hope to get it launched in 2019. There is yet one more which is almost ready, besides two more which I'm operating on. So, I will be able to be busy writing in 2019. I'm hoping with an increasing number of young people following my works, it creates a difference in the writing scenes in the city, particularly since Gujarati literature is doing higher than English. I continuously fail to notice drawing as I'm busy writing, so, I need to draw slightly more if possible. Coming to the town, I'm hoping in the course of the UNESCO World Heritage tag, the Walled City keeps its persona and is preserved for the future technology.

'Lead a healthy way of life'
Bhakti Kubavat, Actress

2018 WAS a rollercoaster trip. Although I was saved busy with two of my films releasing, it was once an attractive yr. Twenty nineteen may not be any other relating to paintings since I've three motion pictures up for liberate. I typically don't keep any resolutions, instead if I believe like starting up a transformation, I attempt to enforce it instantly. This time, I've pledged to steer a healthy way of life and I've started working on it, too! I've been maintaining a healthy diet all of final month, and hence stepped into the new yr in fine fettle. Personally, I will be able to see to it that I get 8 hours of sleep day-to-day, eat healthy and exercise regularly. Besides, I need to unfold awareness of more than a few ailments among people through videos. On the pro front, I need to advertise ingenious artistes whose skill continuously were given overlooked. I see Gujarati film industry emerging with new opportunities this yr.

Work exhausting, more difficult, toughest
Aryan Nehra, Swimmer
I bid adieu to the previous yr in a impressive way via swimming my unmarried longest session - 10km - at one go. My New Year solution is to paintings more difficult than ever. This might be crucial yr for me as I will be able to now compete in the open class. It will be the biggest profession move as I will be able to be looking to get as regards to, if not wreck, the National Record in men's 1,500 m freestyle at the Senior Nationals in March. The length from March to August might be very important for me. Competing with the most productive on the planet wishes a large number of prep and currently I'm getting ready for it in Dubai. It is an overly exhausting programme. Olympics might be my ultimate target, however more realistically, I need to get ready for the World Championships in July.

'Be more positive, support fitness'
Zeel Desai, Tennis participant
I will be able to not glance back at the yr long past via and will paintings more difficult throughout the New Year. Competing at a higher degree for the past twelve months, I realised I need to support my fitness. The competitors in women's tennis are a lot more fit than me and to check the ones ranges, I will be able to paintings exhausting to support my fitness degree. I need to be positive and stay that way until the final level no matter what the outcome.
Professionally, my target is to break into the highest 200 via the end of the yr. It might be a tricky one, however I'm up for the challenge.

'Want to write, recite poems'
Anahita Sarabhai, Co-founder Queerabad
2018 felt love it got here and went away in a flash. I learned to let go my fears and do the issues I in point of fact need to do. I began writing and reciting poems and I need to do it more in the new yr. After all, you'll be able to't undermine the importance of self-expression. For the LGBTQIA group, I'm hoping The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Bill doesn't cross in the new yr as it'll adversely affect 1000's of trans individuals already in prone scenarios across the nation. The invoice is flawed and short-sighted. We additionally need to paintings in making QueerAbad a group place than something run via a handful of people. We need people to in truth play important roles in developing and supporting the Queer group.

'To profit from every second'
Mona Khandhar, Commissioner, Rural Development
My solution is to my make this yr more special - seizing every second, cultivating special bonds with family, pals and those who I paintings for as a public servant via giving more than I get, stay calm, composed and disciplined. I additionally need to be at liberty and witty in every situation, keep observing, learning and getting inspired to forcefully continue my pursuit of excellence in every walk of life and more so in public provider.

My immediate focal point is on extending and increasing services rendered via GST Saheli internet portal, to strengthen suffering micro, small and medium enterprises, cooperatives and casual sector, to support liquid waste processing for conservation and harvest of unpolluted water and surrounding herbal sources.

'A greater model of me'
Mikhil Musale, Filmmaker
Working on my Bollywood debut film in 2018 and getting its lead to 2019 -- each years are an important for me. I toiled in 2018 and now cannot wait to look the target market response to the film. The yr was once more irritating and tense than ever, which helped me realise the importance to unwind.

All I would like is to cut off from paintings and spend time with pals. My father steered me to focus on health and so in the new yr, I'm placing health as best precedence. Another agenda is studying and taking note of a large number of stories. As a filmmaker it is essential for me to fulfill people, go back and forth, read and acquire good stories to tell. I will be able to be doing all that during new yr to deliver out a greater model of myself, in my opinion and professionally.

(Top L-R) Jaxay Shah, Esther David, Bhakti Kubavat, Aryan Nehra (Bottom L-R) Zeel Desai, Anahita Sarabhai, Mona Khandhar, Mikhil Musale


PICS: JIGNESH VORA AND NILKANTH DAVE
New year, new challenges New year, new challenges Reviewed by Kailash on January 01, 2019 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.