Coach Raman keen on improving Mandhana's 'patience'

MUMBAI: India ladies's staff opener Smriti Mandhana, who's in blazing shape, mentioned right here on Friday that the staff's coach W V Raman has set her goals to bat for a particular selection of overs to develop her patience on the crease.

"He (Raman) has been telling me to play 30 overs in ODIs as he knows that if I bat till 30 overs, I will continue to bat. And in 20 over games he has been telling me to bat for 13 overs," the 22-year-old Mandhana told PTI.

"He's giving me targets to bat a certain number of balls, because strike rate and those kinds of things never concern me, the only problem is the patience aspect. He is helping with that and giving me targets to bat through these many balls and that many overs and that is being great," mentioned the left-handed batswoman.

Mandhana, asked specifically whether or not the staff was once too dependent on her, spoke back that the perception was once no longer correct.

"No, I don't think so. We have were given a lot of match-winners in our staff. It is simply that occasionally someone goes via a lean patch and you want to cover up to your teammate. And occasionally that would be the case, if I am not going, the middle order will look after me (assist me).

"So you'll be able to't say that they (different batswomen) are too dependent, but I feel the principle duty as a batter is to win fits and dependence by no means comes (in the way in which)," she stressed out.

During final yr's ladies's T20 tri-series, Mandhana had mentioned that she was once throwing her wicket away after atmosphere herself in.


Eleven months later, she feels that she is having the ability to give a boost to 10 in line with cent on this aspect, but the following purpose was once to carry on batting till the top of the innings.


"Somewhat, yes, could also be 10 in line with cent I've stepped forward on that. From 50 to 60s, I've long past to 70s. But I'm nonetheless leaving 20-30 runs after we are chasing. I feel it's going to be just right if I come back no longer out. Hopefully I can do that in opposition to England in the (upcoming) ODI and the T20 series," she mentioned.


"Im truly excited (for the England series) and we are playing the ICC Championships and we want six points to be up there. Hopefully we will be able to all stick in combination and win the ODI series (in opposition to England). I hope that I can win extra fits for India," Mandhana remarked.


The ODI series in opposition to England starts Friday subsequent and all of the three fits in the 50-over rubber might be played on the Wankhede Stadium right here.
Coach Raman keen on improving Mandhana's 'patience' Coach Raman keen on improving Mandhana's 'patience' Reviewed by Kailash on February 15, 2019 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.