I can handle captaincy and get the best out of KKR: Dinesh Karthik

KOLKATA: Dinesh Karthik on Sunday said that he has an laborious process of changing a very a success Gautam Gambhir however asserted that he has it in him to persuade Kolkata Knight Riders to a minimum of the IPL play-offs and get the most productive out of his aspect.

KKR assume tank chose to not retain two-time IPL successful skipper Gambhir and handed the reins of the crew to the Tamil Nadu batsman, purchased for Rs 7.4 crore.

"What Gautam Gambhir has achieved for KKR is phenomenal. He's left a benchmark," Karthik stated after joining his new crew and at the sidelines in their jersey launch.

Under Gambhir, KKR twice emerged champions (2012, 2014) and likewise made the play-offs 3 times (2011, 2016 and 2017).

Karthik has wealth of enjoy having performed for as many as five other IPL franchisees - Royal Challengers Bangalore, Mumbai Indians, Kings XI Punjab, Delhi Daredevils and Gujarat Lions in final season.

"Being a leader of the team, the management will expect from me the same. I'm aware of the expectations. Yes, there would be pressure. As a captain, you're expected to at least go to the play-offs, that's the least anybody can expect. I think I'm at a stage where I can handle it and get the best out of the team," he asserted.

Karthik regarded a reworked batsman in the Tri-nation final against Bangladesh in Colombo final month when his last-ball six sealed a nervy win for India.

"It's been close to 10 days now since that innings, issues have moved on, other people have moved on. We have a new bunch of boys. It used to be a really perfect recreation as I have stated. When we play Bangladesh, it's a other kind of drive. If you win, you are like 'okay you will have gained', however when you lose it's like 'wake up, what you doing' types.

"We had a excellent get started, it dipped in the center. I just had to hit obstacles when I were given in. I used to be fortunate on that day. We had a excellent season, and for us not win that recreation don't have been great to end the sequence. It used to be a really perfect feeling."


Karthik hinted that he might advertise himself in the batting order when they open their IPL 11 campaign against Royal Challengers Bangalore at house.


"Obviously I can bat at other place than what I did in the Indian recreation. IPL is set dealing with tough scenario, handling drive. It's just a week to move and I do not believe I can deal with myself any otherwise. Everybody is here to do their perfect and I am no other. Everybody has a job to play," he stated.


While Karthik will likely be busy with his IPL assignment, his wife and India's squash ace Dipika Pallikal is eyeing a 2d gold at the Commonwealth Games in Gold Coast.


"One thing I have learnt from her is a lot of determination. She's labored really hard especially for the CWG. Four years back she gained gold in Glasgow. As a participant, an important thing is so that you could repeat it and be consistent. She' labored really hard in the final 4 years to get a gold once more. She's already in Gold coast. It's crucial two weeks in her existence," he stated.
I can handle captaincy and get the best out of KKR: Dinesh Karthik I can handle captaincy and get the best out of KKR: Dinesh Karthik Reviewed by Kailash on April 01, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.