Can’t see, but vision and dreams kept them going

NEW DELHI/DEHRADUN: “There has now not been a unmarried second in my lifestyles when I have felt I'm lesser than somebody,” mentioned Pooja Kumar on Saturday. Her assertion underlined her fulfillment of securing a remarkable 97.8% in the CBSE Class XII tests. The scholar of National Institute for Visually Handicapped in Dehradun is absolutely blind.
The humanities scholar returned perfect papers in historical past, political science and Hindi, and received 96 in sociology and 93 in English. Her rating is the best possible ever in the historical past of her institute. “I have worked exhausting like everyone else and wanted to turn out to the world that I may just stand by myself feet,” Kumar told TOI. She wants to go to Delhi and continue her research in either St Stephen's or Lady Shri Ram College. “This will assist me fulfil my civil services goals,” the 19-year-old mentioned.

Resident of Arwal district of Bihar, she was once brought to NIVH by way of her sceptical father, Kush Kumar. Her fulfillment has dispelled all doubts that the girl wouldn’t organize to chase her goals. “She ceaselessly stayed unsleeping till overdue in the evening reading her textbooks and we scolded her for now not caring for her health,” the proud father mentioned on Saturday. “However, all her exhausting work has paid off and I'm positive she is going to reach great heights in lifestyles.”

Hundreds of miles away in Patna, Lavanya Jha received an elated name from her faculty informing her that she had received 97.4%. The 17-year-old had returned to Patna only a few weeks in the past after two years of residing by myself in Delhi — the sole purpose of separation from family being “getting excellent exposure”. She hardly ever explored the town throughout the time, despite having her elder sister in IP University. The privations, then again, yielded effects. Jha topped Delhi in the disabled category.


“I need to learn about psychology, which is my favourite subject, in Delhi University,” mentioned Jha, who has 45% visible impairment. “I hope I get admission in Lady Shri Ram College.”


Sabreena Bansal, Jha’s class teacher at Delhi Public School, RK Puram, mentioned that despite her scholar’s imaginative and prescient issues, she let no hurdles stand in her means and was once at all times self-reliant. Aishwarya Raina, her sociology teacher, additionally testified, “Lavanya at all times requested us not to give her any special favours.”


Despite such protestations, the school did assist her in some ways. “We would give her question papers published the usage of a larger font size, despite the fact that Lavanya would at all times say that the whole thing associated with tests must be the similar for everyone,” mentioned Preeti Pratihari, the psychology teacher. Pratihari added, “In fact, prior to she got here as much as me, I didn’t realise that she was once visually challenged.”


Can’t see, but vision and dreams kept them going Can’t see, but vision and dreams kept them going Reviewed by Kailash on May 27, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.