‘I am the CM, dad won’t do any back-seat driving’

Haradanahalli Deve Gowda Kumaraswamy, 58, used to be a hectic guy on Wednesday, dealing with the 20-plus nationwide leaders who had come for his inauguration. He took day trip to speak to TOI’s Rakesh Prakash at the demanding situations ahead. Excerpts from his first, unique interview as CM:

Your oath-taking rite used to be effectively marketed as the beginning of a brand new chapter in nationwide politics…
It is particular as over 20 nationwide leaders, including chief ministers and ministers, attended it. Can you inform me one such rite attended by such a lot of leaders from other events and states? This is for the primary time in history that this type of factor has took place and it signals the beginning of a brand new chapter within the nation.

There’s already criticism about your father micro-managing some administrative duties. The bureaucratic chiefs are stated to have held a gathering with him even sooner than you was the CM and it's described as backseat driving...
My father is the seniormost flesh presser and his experience will indubitably be utilised. But I need to make it transparent to all that he will not micro-manage administration. I am the CM and I will hold the reins. With regard to my father’s meeting with the manager secretary and police chiefs, it used to be a courtesy call by the latter. My father’s advice will probably be favored; I reiterate that he will not interfere. I've lived with the folk and I too know their pulse, I am the folk’s chief minister.

Will you continue with most of Siddaramaiah’s welfare schemes, including the bhagyas, especially Anna Bhagya and Indira canteens?
We will not discontinue any of the programmes started by the Siddaramaiah executive.

Bangalore’s infrastructure wishes a fix... how large a concern is it for you?
I consider you that Bengaluru’s symbol and brand-building has taken successful. But I need to guarantee all that Bengaluru’s growth and development will probably be top on my schedule.

Corruption is a huge factor. BJP is alleging a builder-minister mafia has taken over Bengaluru…

No cartel or foyer will probably be allowed to take over anything else. In reality, the establishment of Lokayukta used to be strengthened all through my earlier tenure and everyone knows what took place to it later. I will keep the whole lot clear, any person can way me immediately in the event that they find one thing is going horribly unsuitable within the gadget.


BJP is of the view that the JD(S)-Congress combo will collapse soon as a result of infighting...

BJP, clearly, will need us to fail. I had advised earlier that I will be the person who will stall Narendra Modi-Amit Shah duo’s a hit march and I've executed it. Not just BJP, a large number of individuals are suspicious about our stability. Well, I know that working the coalition is not an easy activity and there are limitations.. we will be able to overcome the preliminary teething issues quickly and work as a family. Moreover, I've learnt from the errors of the past.


BJP leaders say you'll be a victim of coalition compulsions and that you have already failed on your promise to waive farm loans inside 24 hours of coming to energy.

My commitment to the farming neighborhood remains the same and I am simplest in quest of more time as I've to take our coalition spouse into self belief.
‘I am the CM, dad won’t do any back-seat driving’ ‘I am the CM, dad won’t do any back-seat driving’ Reviewed by Kailash on May 24, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.