Meri bhook abhi baaki hai: Shikhar Dhawan

MUMBAI: Glancing at the Arabian Sea overlooking his room at a five-star hotel, Shikhar Dhawan spreads his arms in his signature style. Perhaps ‘Gabbar’ is imagining that he’s simply hit 100 in entrance of a packed stadium. In a year which is full of overseas demanding situations for the Indian team, one would hope that this ‘symbol’ helps to keep repeating itself, because, as India skipper Virat Kohli as soon as said: “When Shikhar fires, he helps to keep coming at you.”

ALSO READ: We need to start getting ready early for England excursion: Dhawan

Cooling down with his wife Ayesha Mukherjee a couple of hours sooner than the Ceat Cricket Rating Awards, Dhawan looked like shaking off the after-effects of being a part of a rigorous IPL marketing campaign for the Sunrisers Hyderabad, who lost to Chennai Super Kings within the ultimate at the Wankhede on Sunday. In an unique interview to TOI, the 32-year-old claimed that since he was a ‘past due entrant into the Indian team,’ he was nonetheless hungry to achieve more. Excerpts…

How would you sum up the Sunrisers’ IPL marketing campaign this time?

It was just right. We lost our captain (David Warner) sooner than the event began. Then Kane Williamson got here alongside and he had an exquisite season. He’s a just right captain. I had a just right season too. We performed within the ultimate, regardless that the result didn’t cross our means. Overall, we performed just right cricket and enjoyed the season.

How much of a setback was losing Warner sooner than ball one this season? When he was ruled out, did you expect to be given the captaincy?

Of path, it was an enormous setback to lose Warner. He’s the sort of large participant. My name was being discussed through folks about captaincy, however the (SRH) management thought that Kane was the proper selection. That’s normal. Williamson is an experienced captain. He’s calm, and took the team alongside, like a circle of relatives. He’s superb, and he led from the entrance.

You should have performed a lot of Rashid Khan within the Sunrisers nets. How do you notice the threat within the Test match against Afghanistan?

Of path. When I performed him for the first time, I found him difficult to deal with. However, now I’m used to enjoying him. If I play (within the XI), it’ll be a just right challenge to play against him. I’ll stay up for scoring runs off him!

With Murali Vijay and KL Rahul around, you’re by no means positive of your home within the Test facet. How difficult is it to compete with such high quality batsmen for a spot within the facet?

Of path, there’s always force. There’s force to retain your spot in every team. It’s a just right factor for Indian cricket that there’s such a lot competition (for the hole slot). All three people are experienced. Rahul has executed so neatly within the IPL, and within the (Test) series against Australia sooner than that.

We have a tight tempo attack now. Do you assume that we’ll do neatly in England this time?

Yes, our team is experienced. Our bowlers are are compatible. Bhuvneshwar (Kumar) has been rested for the Test against Afghanistan, so he’ll be fresh for England. We have other high quality bowlers too. So, our bowling and batting both are just right. Of path, the English wickets be offering a special challenge. The quicker we adapt to English prerequisites, the better it's going to be. We need to be just right in all the departments, and that includes slip catching as neatly. England is a powerful facet at house. We’ve to play outstanding cricket to overcome them.

Your ultimate excursion to England (in 2014) wasn’t great. You were dropped after failing within the first two Tests. Are you taking a look to set the record directly this time?

Absolutely. That excursion wasn’t great, but I learnt a lot from that. Now, I’m going to play in England after four years. I’ve gained a lot of revel in in this duration. I’m a better participant than what I was the first time. I’m confident that this time, I’ll do neatly through the grace of God. Hopefully, issues will cross my means.

Are you hopeful that your captain, Virat Kohli, too will do neatly in England, not like the ultimate time?

Of path. The just right factor is that all our batsmen are technically sound. They all have a burning need (to do neatly). Sab ladke dil se khelte hain (everyone plays with passion). Everyone tries to do neatly. I don’t assume somebody wouldn’t wish to do neatly. Everyone wants to be a hero of a match, and God keen, that can happen.

In South Africa, you were dropped after failing within the first Test. How irritating was that?

That’s a part of the game. The (team) management would have felt that KL was a better option than me at that second. Of path, it was laborious (on me) at that point, but it's a must to take it on your stride and keep operating. So, when I was dropped, I was operating on my fitness and within the nets. When I got an opportunity within the ODIs, I did neatly. I was satisfied at the finish of the day.

You have an unbelievable One-day record, but do you assume you'll be able to do better in Test cricket?

Of path. It’s now not that my Test record is unhealthy at the moment. I've an average of 42, and I’ve performed Tests persistently for the ultimate four-five years. I am hoping in my journey forward from here, I give a boost to my Test record. According to me, an average of 42 could also be just right. Maybe, it isn’t for you! In the ODIs, my moderate is 44-45, so 42 is just right. Till now, I've performed most effective 20-30 Tests, so it takes time. Everything takes time. Of path, I may have executed neatly. I did my best. Sometimes it worked for me, on occasion it didn’t. Now with more revel in, I'm positive that issues are going to head my far more.

How do you arrange to lift your recreation and deliver so persistently within the large tournaments, be it World Cup or the Champions Trophy?

See, I'm a big believer in procedure. I've the similar angle even if I play here, or in an ICC event. Naturally, my data have been just right in ICC events, but it surely’s now not like that I play there with a special angle. I play with the similar angle, similar means, whether I play within the IPL or the Ranji Trophy or for the Indian team.

You wife wasn’t conserving too neatly lately? How difficult has this segment been for you in that sense?

I knew that she was to be operated, so I wanted to be there (ultimate year). And I was there for her. At that specific second, I felt that was more essential than cricket. It’s now not like I don’t price cricket, but at that second it was vital for me to be there for my wife, so I selected to try this. Of path I missed enjoying then, but then when I got here again, I started enjoying once more.


Who’s your favorite batsman in world cricket?

AB de Villiers. He’s an excellent batsman and greater than that he’s a gem of a person too. An ideal leader. I've learnt a lot of issues through simply watching him. I’m satisfied that I performed against him.


Any goals that you've got set for your self?

Nothing as such. There’s a lot of cricket left in me now. I wish to do better and better for me, and for the country. I wish to keep enjoying for so long as I will be able to, because I made it to the Indian team past due in my career. I nonetheless have that zeal inside me. I know I will be able to succeed in a lot more. I wish to make up for that lost time. Meri bhook abhi baaki hai (I’m nonetheless hungry for more luck).


Meri bhook abhi baaki hai: Shikhar Dhawan Meri bhook abhi baaki hai: Shikhar Dhawan Reviewed by Kailash on May 29, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.