Disabled persons see hope in Jeeja adoption story

KOLKATA: Jeeja Ghosh’s tale of adoption has given hope to a number of persons with disabilities that they, too, can change into oldsters.

Esha Kar, whose son Atananta has a rare disease known as Rot Cone Dystrophy, considers Jeeja a beacon of hope. “There are quite a lot of phases of disabilities. My son will not be in a position to get married and undertake, but I do know of many who can do this,” said Kar, who runs a theatre workforce of which Jeeja is a component.

While running with youngsters with disabilities, Kar has come throughout some in the town who can be in relationships and, as a result, even take at the responsibility of becoming oldsters. “When I heard about Jeeja’s parenthood, I thought of two others I do know who're open to relationships regardless of preventing their disorders. Kingshuk Chakraborty is one in all them,” she said.

Chakraborty, who has cerebral palsy, instructed TOI that Jeeja’s tale has inspired him since childhood. “She is a change-maker. I, too, made up our minds to go to a normal college after seeing Jeeja-di. I went to Future Foundation and, subsequently, graduated in economics from Jadavpur University. Today, I run a industry in device building,” he said. The 36-year-old isn’t married, but said he had girlfriends in college. “I'm open to relationships and marriage. I, too, wish to get started a circle of relatives. Jeeja-di’s decision to undertake has empowered me, too. Adoption is something an individual will have to believe as a social responsibility, regardless of whether or not she or he has a disability,” he said.


Kar could also be aware that Jeeja has been a “pillar of power” for 38-yearold Sayomdeb Mukherjee, popularly known as “Den”. Mukherjee suffers from an overly uncommon genetic dysfunction known as Dopa Responsive Dystonia (DRD), and is wheelchair-bound. He has authored a e-book titled ‘Memoirs of Time’ and now works because the coordinator of Ankur advocacy and coaching unit of Indian Institute of Cerebral Palsy. Three years in the past, Mukherjee had a breakup. “I used to be intended to get married but the lady subsidized off on the ultimate second. During that time, I used to be devastated,” Mukherjee said.


That’s when he became just about Anantaa Ghosh.


“He has been a circle of relatives buddy. He broke up on May 14 and on May 27, I proposed to him. Neither his disability nor our 16-year age distinction are available in the best way of our dating. He has been my buddy and mentor. I'm planning to marry him,” said Anantaa, who graduated from Shri Shikshayatan College this year.


The couple also have plans to start a circle of relatives. “I met Jeeja-di a year after being in a dating. She is an inspiration. Either biologically or through adoption, we wish to have kids too,” Anantaa said.
Disabled persons see hope in Jeeja adoption story Disabled persons see hope in Jeeja adoption story Reviewed by Kailash on June 14, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.