Gauri Lankesh murder: SIT hunts for gun, rider

BENGALURU: The Special Investigation Team (SIT) probing the Gauri Lankesh homicide case claims to be nearer to fixing the puzzle — tracing the gun used and nabbing the rider who ferried the shooter.

A senior police officer told STOI: “We’ve were given the shooter and all others concerned within the plot. We’re working on identifying the person who brought shooter Parashuram Waghmore to Gauri’s house and took him again after the killing. We don’t know what the assailants have executed with the homicide weapon.”




The SIT hit a roadblock after Waghmore claimed he had no information about the person who treated the logistics. He reportedly told sleuths: “He was tall and darkish. I hadn’t seen him earlier than. I met him for the first time at a rented house in Seegehalli on September 3. The next meeting was when he brought me on a motorbike to Gauri’s house.”


Sleuths are also looking for any other man who had roped in Waghmore to embark on a undertaking to avoid wasting the Hindu faith by means of killing the ones allegedly tarnishing it. “I was told I wouldn’t be caught. I laughed when KT Naveen Kumar was nabbed because I assumed I had escaped. When Sujith Kumar was nabbed, I were given scared. I don’t know what my oldsters are doing, my mom in particular. Her well being is not so good,” he told interrogators.


Sources stated: “He’s now not as tough as we expected. When our group picked him up, he told them he knew they’d come at some point. Through the adventure to Bengaluru, he confessed to have shot Gauri.”


To be taken to Belagavi


The SIT has decided to take Waghmore to puts in Belagavi where he reportedly underwent weapons training. Sources stated the plan to kill Gauri was hatched in Belagavi and the accused made a number of calls from telephone booths. Waghmore is suspected to have trained the use of an air gun within the Khanapur woodland area.
Gauri Lankesh murder: SIT hunts for gun, rider Gauri Lankesh murder: SIT hunts for gun, rider Reviewed by Kailash on June 17, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.