‘One of my girls will wear khaki’

MOTI MACHHANG (GANDHINAGAR DISTRICT): Shock has consumed Vimla Rathod (28) — whose husband killed their three-day-old daughter in entrance of her eyes in the future ago — as she nurses her fifth-born one-year-old on a cot.
Tears smartly up in her eyes and she stares into nothing while nursing Rina, the one one in the dingy room at Vimla’s maternal area on whom the surprise of the heinous crime has registered.

Witnessing their father homicide their little sister has silenced Renuka (9) and Asmita (7), who don't say a phrase. Vimla breaks out of her stupor and says: “The loss of my daughter has most effective bolstered my unravel to coach all my daughters. I pray one of my 5 women turns into a policewoman, to teach a lesson to such daughter-haters.” Two of her daughters, Riya (7) and Kajal (6), are at Vishnu’s area in Amrapur village in Mansa. Fearing for them, Vimla’s family is making plans to bring them to Moti Machhang as smartly.

“I can make sure that one of my daughters wears khaki to fight this murderous patriarchy,” Vimla reiterates, as if toughening her unravel.

The homicide was dedicated by way of Vimla’s husband, Vishnu Rathod, on Sunday. In a fit of rage at his spouse having delivered some other daughter, their sixth, he stabbed the child in entrance of her mom and sisters.

News of the ‘maximum shameful crime by way of a father’ is being watched again and again by way of people in Moti Machchang, situated at the banks of the river Meshwo in Dehgam taluka.

Vimla’s sister-in-law, Daksha, mentioned Vishnu’s hatred was seen in the way he killed the baby. “He stabbed her, twisted the knife in her, stabbed her again and twisted again sooner than lifting her at the knife point and smashing her at the floor.”


Vishnu’s cousin, Pintu Jhala, says they belong to the Thakor community, among whom he says women are valued far lower than boys. “Families yearn for male heirs among Thakors,” says Pintu.


The infant has buried at the riverbank. A man has been appointed by way of the locals to guards her burial web page, to forestall stray canine from digging her up.


Vimla grapples with seeking to understand how the desire for a son turned into a monstrous hatred for daughters over the eleven years of her marriage. “My in-laws saved speaking a couple of male child ever since Rinku was born 9 years ago. For me, women are equal to boys however I may just by no means erase this difference in my husband’s mind. Today, he's in prison. Police will give him appropriate punishment. I don’t know what was accomplished.”


Police mentioned Vishnu has been sent to judicial custody. “He mentioned he acted in a fit of rage and is remorseful about murdering his daughter,” a cop mentioned.
‘One of my girls will wear khaki’ ‘One of my girls will wear khaki’ Reviewed by Kailash on June 26, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.