When Chhetri ran towards Pakistan fans to celebrate a goal

MUMBAI: India skipper Sunil Chhetri on Sunday recalled his first world fit when excitement got the simpler of him and he ended up operating within the route of Pakistan enthusiasts to have a good time his goal.

ALSO READ: Never dreamt of enjoying 100 matches, says Chhetri

The Intercontinental Cup recreation towards Kenya on Monday can be Chhetri's 100th in world soccer.

ALSO READ: All eyes on Sunil Chhetri as India take on Kenya

"I still remember my first match for India. We were in Pakistan and Nabi-da (Syed Rahim Nabi) and I were the rookies. We were kind of chilling knowing that we may not be fielded. But Sukhi-sir (Sukhwinder Singh) made both of us to start the game. I scored a goal and all in euphoria I ran to the Pakistani fans and started to celebrate," he mentioned.

ALSO READ: Bhutia says Chhetri can be crucial in Asian Cup

There was laughter throughout within the room.

Chhetri mentioned he had a dream however "never dreamed" of enjoying 100 world matches for India, and known as it implausible.

"I had a dream but never dreamed of playing 100 international matches. This is unbelievable," national team captain Chhetri mentioned prior to a tradition consultation on the Mumbai Football Arena.

"Did I believe then that I'm going to play 100 games, no. Did I ever assume, I'm going to play for my nation, no. Did I dream of it, sure. Did I believe I'm going to play 100 games, I did not even dream of it. I by no means even dreamt that I'm going to play 100 games for my nation.

"It is one thing which is beyond my dream and I will not let you know how happy and honoured I am. Only second participant within the historical past of the country, it is implausible," Chhetri advised journalists.

Chhetri mentioned after chatting with his mother he realised the significance of the sport.

"Actually it's (enjoying 100 games). I have all the time mentioned that and I have by no means mentioned with conceitedness. I all the time mentioned from my heart that it's not relevant, I am actually now not fascinated by milestones, but the construct up to this recreation, studying so much, getting messages, I used to be talking to mum and he or she got emotional, how giant it was for her actually made me understand how giant it's.

"It's been such a tremendous journey that it feels special. I just hope that I can keep my emotions in control, go there and stick to the plan and try to win the game," the big name striker added.

He mentioned the team is making an effort to transport up in rankings.

"We have the will to transport up the ranks. We want to keep operating onerous. I do not take rankings severely as a result of the way it works. Our time table is to play neatly and try to win. To reach below 100 was tricky however to stay there may be very, very tricky. We need to remember to give our best possible in each and every opportunity.

"We need to beef up in away matches. I just hope now we have extra away fixtures and do higher there."

He mentioned that the toughest games are going to be towards Kenya, UAE, Bahrain and Thailand.

"That (being the third best possible goal scorer) is one thing I do not take severely. And I request my nation, do not take it too severely. Enjoy the fact that I attempt to rating for my nation.


"Stats are something you should not take seriously. You see it that you are in the same picture with Ronaldo and Messi, but that is about it," he added.


Chhetri mentioned that Indian soccer was entering into the correct route.


"We are on the right path. There has been a steady growth and we need to go far. Rubbing shoulders with the best will help us improve further," he mentioned.


"There is a very sad photo, where I am doing this (happy action) and nobody following me. We conceded after the 80th minute and it was 1-1," he signed off.
When Chhetri ran towards Pakistan fans to celebrate a goal When Chhetri ran towards Pakistan fans to celebrate a goal Reviewed by Kailash on June 03, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.