Why should south Karnataka take away all key positions, asks MB Patil

BENGALURU: Five-time Congress MLA MB Patil on Tuesday puzzled whether or not other people from North Karnataka would feel belonged to Karnataka if all important positions from CM to Deputy CM to Congress Legislature Party (CLP) management are usurped through other people from the South (Old Mysuru area).
“Is north Karnataka no longer part of this state? How is construction in our area possible if all positions cross to the South,” asked Patil, 53, in a chat with ET. Water Resources Minister within the earlier Siddaramaiah regime, Patil retained his Babaleshwar seat in Vijayapura district through a margin of about 30,000 votes.


“North Karnataka is home to 54% of Karnataka’s inhabitants, but all important positions and portfolios are taken through leaders from South Karnataka,” stated the senior leader who led a campaign ahead of elections, demanding separate faith status for Lingayats, the dominant community he belongs to. “I stil l call for that a Deputy CM’s post cross to North Karnataka,” he stated, while clarifying that he wasn’t asking it for himself. “Not essentially me, let the birthday celebration pick out any leader from the North for the post. That will encourage confidence in our area.” The Congress leader has been vocal in venting his anger after the birthday celebration denied him a Cabinet berth, even as he was once eyeing the deputy CM’s post.


“Some other people stated I've no longer been integrated as a result of I used to be a minister for 5 years within the earlier govt. But doesn’t the same rule apply to KJ George, RV Deshpande, Krishna Byre Gowda and UT Khader? Why most effective make me a scapegoat? Did I no longer perform as Water Resources Minister? Can they have got other yardstick for different other people,” asked Patil.


The former minister, on the other hand, lavished reward on AICC president Rahul Gandhi, who, he stated, handled him well throughout his fresh meeting and gave him a patient listening to. “I used to be asked to return to Delhi, and I spoke my heart. I defined how I constructed the birthday celebration since 1991. I've no longer asked for anything,” he stated, refusing to disclose the specifics of his meeting. “I'm hopeful things can be set proper,” he stated.


Patil stated he was once aware who labored towards his induction into the ministry, however did not need to name them. “The other people whom I relied on essentially the most have let me down. I truly don’t know whom to believe and whom to not. I'm dropping faith in other people round me.”
Why should south Karnataka take away all key positions, asks MB Patil Why should south Karnataka take away all key positions, asks MB Patil Reviewed by Kailash on June 13, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.