I am not Kapil Dev, never wanted to be: Hardik Pandya

NOTTINGHAM: Hardik Pandya does not revel in being in comparison to Kapil Dev. The allrounder, who took Five-28, to place India in a profitable position within the third Test against England at Trent Bridge, mentioned: "I am not Kapil Dev, never wanted to be. I am happy being Hardik Pandya and please allow me to stay that way. I have a lot of respect for the legend that he is, but I want to be myself."

Michael Holding is among the many critics of India's choice to play Hardik as an allrounder. "Apparently they are playing Pandya as an allrounder to help out with the bowling. When he bowls he isn't as effective as he should be," Holding mentioned all over a up to date interview.

READ ALSO: 3rd Test: Hardik Pandya puts India in command

Till Sunday, the West Indian legend had each and every explanation why to mention what he mentioned. But all over a one-hour spell at Trent Bridge, all that became round.

Coming in to bowl deep into the second one consultation with a cloud quilt round, Pandya was outstanding along with his period as he ran through the England middle-order to present India a very good likelihood of a victory within the third Test.

It was well-pitched up outswing bowling that did the activity for the allrounder. He did not try to bowl too rapid, just kept it around the offtsump and invited the English batsmen to head for the force. And the ball did just sufficient to find the nick time and again as India ran away to pole position.

The rout began when Pandya had Joe Root stuck at 2nd slip off his first ball after which in a spell of 3 overs, he had Four-Eight which decimated the English batting. "Pandya didn't try too much. He didn't try to hit the pitch too hard and just allowed the ball to do enough," Holding was recommended to realize Pandya's effort all over remark stint. But for the wicket of Chris Woakes, which got here of a brief ball, all his wickets have been of well-pitched up deliveries that swung overdue.


Pandya's efficiency on Sunday was a welcome turnaround after a bit of of humiliation that he had to bear at Lord's. Pandya was playing that sport as the third pace bowler and he was taken aside via the Woakes and Johnny Bairstow on the third afternoon.


Later, all over the press-conference, when he was asked whether he sees himself as a bowler or a batsman, Pandya bravely mentioned: "I don't think on those lines. When I bowl, I am a bowler, when I bat, I am a batsman."


At that second, he sounded cocky, but every week down the line, nobody was complaining.


Read this story in Gujarati
I am not Kapil Dev, never wanted to be: Hardik Pandya I am not Kapil Dev, never wanted to be: Hardik Pandya Reviewed by Kailash on August 20, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.