Fifty vs England is in the past, Vihari eyes ton in Australia

NEW DELHI: On the back of impressive Ranji Trophy seasons, Hanuma Vihari used to be included within the Indian facet for the England tour previous this year. And the all-rounder from Andhra Pradesh grabbed the opportunity with each hands when he used to be requested to bat at No. 6 on the Kennington Oval in London.

Making his Test debut, Vihari scored a high quality fifty and claimed three wickets as smartly.

Impressed along with his maiden trip, the selectors have thought to be Vihari once again for the four-match series against Australia, starting December 6 on the Adelaide Oval and the 25-year-old is made up our minds to attain 100 on Australian soil.

"Australians have a great bowling attack. My captain, Virat Kohli and other seniors helped me in England. I am taking everything I learnt to Australia," Vihari informed Timesofindia.com in an exclusive interview.

"I will play in Australia the way I played in England. I am ready to bat at any position. If my captain asks me to open, I will. If he asks me to and bat in the middle or lower order, I am ready for that as well," Vihari mentioned.

"I scored a fifty in England and if given a chance I would like to convert it into a century in Australia," a assured Vihari informed TimesofIndia.com.

"It goes to be a large series for me. I've labored demanding for this. Want to thank my captain for appearing faith in me,’ he mentioned.

Batting at No. 6, Vihari impressed everybody with an excellent half-century in his maiden Test trip. Vihari used to be all in favour of a 51-run stand with Kohli and then cast a 77-run stand with Ravindra Jadeja.

"Getting a fifty in a foreign country and that too on my maiden global tour used to be a large factor for me. I will attempt to continue this type of performance in Australia," the 24-year-old mentioned.

The part-time off-spinner, who took the prized wicket of Alastair Cook, captain Joe Root and Sam Curran throughout the Kennington Oval Test, is able to absorb the bowling challenge in Australia as smartly.


"Bowling is not my number one power. But, I will bowl when my crew demands it. I've sure variations that I use when bowling. When my captain requested me to bowl in England, I did and fortunately took three wickets," he mentioned.

"If, I am getting a chance in Australia, I will be in a position to snatch that chance as smartly,"Vihari mentioned.

Hanuma Vihari in Tests

Match Runs Avg Wickets
1 56 28.00 three

Vihari additionally spoke about his India senior and former cricketer VVS Laxman calling him on the telephone after the England tour.

"After the England series, Laxman sir known as me and requested me to arrange for the Australia series. He requested me to arrange consistent with the conditions," Vihari recalled.

"When I used to be playing the final Ranji Trophy season, VVS sir got here to look at a couple of fits. He spoke to everybody. He is any such great human being and probably the most greats within the cricketing global. It used to be nice to have him around. I additionally spoke to him and mentioned my batting tactics," he mentioned.


Vihari, who used to be part of the India’s Under-19 World Cup squad in 2012, credited his home performances for his global call-up.

In the 2017-18 Ranji Trophy season, he accrued 752 runs in simply six outings at an average of 94.

He additionally notched up his first triple century, scoring an unbeaten 302 against Odisha. Following his Ranji Trophy heroics, the Andhra lad replicated his good run within the Irani Trophy sport against Vidarbha, the place he smashed 183 runs off 327 balls.

"Honestly, I anticipated a call-up for the Australia series. Continuation of the constant performances within the Ranji Trophy is the cause of my selection. I've performed in reality smartly within the Ranji Trophy. It used to be my home performances which counted," the teenager mentioned.

Speaking about his triple century, Vihary mentioned: "It feels great to be in that league. I wanted to attain a triple century and I'm glad I did it. I love to bat as long as possible. It requires a lot of patience and hard-work to attain big within the longer format of the sport."



"I at all times wish to rating as many runs for the crew. Patience is the key for me. As I mentioned, I love to play lengthy innings. Fifty or hundred is rarely on my thoughts, I simply pass and bat as consistent with the location. I wish to bat at any position and scenario for my crew," Vihari mentioned.


The 25 year old from Kakinada will in all probability be probably the most batsmen thought to be for the Number 6 slot within the opening Test vs Australia in Adelaide, especially after another half-century within the ongoing 4 day Tour sport vs Cricket Australia XI in Sydney.



Fifty vs England is in the past, Vihari eyes ton in Australia Fifty vs England is in the past, Vihari eyes ton in Australia Reviewed by Kailash on November 30, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.