Jet Airways independent director Vikram Singh Mehta quits

NEW DELHI: Jet Airways’ unbiased director Vikram Singh Mehta has resigned from crisis-ridden airline. In a remark, Jet mentioned Mehta “has expressed his lack of ability to proceed as an unbiased director on the board of Jet Airways due to his fresh time constraints, commitments and other obligations, and has consequently resigned from his position with impact from Friday (November 9) 2018.”


“As in step with Mehta, ‘in fresh months, the decision on my time from my other obligations has mounted and I to find it increasingly more tricky to commit the time and a spotlight required to discharge my fiduciary responsibilities. It is for that reason that I have resigned. I wish to specific my gratitude to my colleagues on the Board for his or her improve and to the Chairman for his leadership’,” the airline mentioned in its remark.


Mehta began his profession with IAS in 1978. He resigned from the IAS in 1980 and spent the next 32 years in the petroleum trade both in the public and private sector. He left the petroleum trade in 2012 as chairman of the Shell Group of Companies in India.


The resignation comes days ahead of Jet is going to announce its Q2 outcome on Monday.
Jet Airways independent director Vikram Singh Mehta quits Jet Airways independent director Vikram Singh Mehta quits Reviewed by Kailash on November 10, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.