Mary Kom sets eyes on 2020 Tokyo Olympics gold

NEW DELHI: After changing into essentially the most a hit female boxer in world championships historical past, MC Mary Kom now has set her eyes at the elusive Olympic gold which she reckons shall be just a little tricky as her weight category (48kg) is not part of the Summer Games.

ALSO READ: Mary Kom wins record 6th gold medal, Sonia Chahal takes silver

The 35-year-old beat Ukraine's Hanna Okhota in an unanimous 5-0 verdict within the ultimate to win a historic 6th gold medal in entrance of an electrical house crowd on Saturday.

ALSO READ: Wishes pour in for the six-time world champion Mary Kom


Her 6th gold takes her previous Ireland's Katie Taylor, and stage with the men's record held by way of Cuban legend Felix Savon as essentially the most a hit pugilist ever at the world championships.


"I am a little bit emotional. There is no (48kg) weight category in the Olympic Games. Because of your love and support, I feel I will be able to qualify for 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Four years ago, I was not able to qualify for Rio. I am still suffering from that," an emotional Mary said after growing historical past.


Mary Kom claimed a bronze at the 2012 London Games when the ladies's boxing was introduced within the Games for the first time however did not qualify for the Rio Games in 2016.


"Thank you for your love and support. I don't have anything to give except for a gold in the country. I know it will be a bit difficult for me to win a gold in Tokyo as I will have to fight in 51kg."


"... Because of their reach, the taller boxers (who will be in 51kg) will have advantage. But I am still dreaming about winning the gold in 2020 Olympics."
Mary Kom sets eyes on 2020 Tokyo Olympics gold Mary Kom sets eyes on 2020 Tokyo Olympics gold Reviewed by Kailash on November 24, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.