Kerala: Muslim education body chief gets threat calls over niqab ban

KOZHIKODE: Dr Fazal Gafoor, president of the Muslim Educational Society (MES), has gained dying threats after he banned face-covering dresses within the society-run tutorial institutions.


Dr Fazal stated he gained several calls from the Gulf international locations and from many cities in India, threatening to finish off him if he didn't withdraw the circular banning the face-hiding dresses, including niqab.


"I got more than 10 calls from the Gulf and the tone of all of them were intimidating. Today I got calls from Kerala too. I have lodged a complaint with the city police chief with the phone numbers and police are in the process of tracing the callers," he stated. Dr Fazal has filed every other grievance with the police against a fake Facebook account created in his identify. "I came across an account which is posting provocative content. I have never used Facebook in my life," he stated. tnn


Kerala: Muslim education body chief gets threat calls over niqab ban Kerala: Muslim education body chief gets threat calls over niqab ban Reviewed by Kailash on May 05, 2019 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.