'AdWise' counselling: 'My boss turned rude after I quit'

Question: I paintings for a company which is promoter-driven and has an orthodox paintings culture. My boss has been an executive assistant to the management for roughly 30 years and I am a part of his staff. I have resigned from the corporate. Before quitting, I met my boss and knowledgeable him about my decision. He, on the other hand, authorised my resignation after every week. Surprisingly, he has began speaking moderately rudely to me. I fear he would possibly stall my relieving letter. How will have to I deal with the situation and proceed in my occupation?

'AdWise' place of job counselling - ‘My boss is a control freak. How can I break away from his grip?’

Are you coping with a difficult boss? Are your colleagues being mean to you? Is your place of job culture hindering your growth? Is there anything that’s bothering you at paintings, which you’re wary of discussing internally? Talk to us.


Sujaya Banerjee replies: As you will have already resigned, there is a small window through which you need to maintain this situation sparsely. Be tactful, do your handovers professionally and, perhaps at the remaining day, you might want to let your manager understand how you felt disrespected via his impolite behaviour. Since you aren't staying back, there's no level in escalating the subject. However, do bring this up for your go out interview, if there may be one of these observe at your place of job.

'AdWise' place of job counselling: ‘A junior worker serving realize is appearing angle’

Are you coping with a difficult scenario at paintings? Talk to us as our panel of experts will lend a hand you in resolving your place of job comparable matters. You can write to us at adwise@timesgroup.com


Making issues tricky right through the awareness period is a sign of an unprofessional place of job. But, you will have to also mirror for your behaviour. Have you been lax because you are on means out? Are you doing what is expected right through handovers? Have you ensured paintings isn't disrupted right through the transition? If you believe you're doing your highest, it's a good idea to speak to your boss - in all probability for your remaining day. Telling your boss how you are feeling would possibly assist him to mirror on his behaviour and others would possibly have the benefit of it.

'AdWise' place of job counselling: ‘My ex-boss is hounding me for not being attentive to him in the past’

​​Are you coping with a difficult boss? Are your colleagues being mean to you? Is your place of job culture hindering your growth? Is there anything that’s bothering you at paintings, which you’re wary of discussing internally? Talk to us. Our panel of experts will lend a hand you in resolving your place of job comparable matters.


Also, perhaps your boss is feeling let down as you will have resigned - a sign of an emotional response. Some managers to begin with to find it tricky to just accept folks leaving their organisation. Their response in one of these scenario is typical of marvel, anger and denial. His impolite behaviour may be on account of this. Find out and clear any misgivings ahead of you allow the organisation.

'AdWise' place of job counselling: 'As a 50-year-old lady, it’s tough for me to get a task...'



Going ahead, please watch out concerning the place of job you select. You can not select a 'job' after which be expecting a 'occupation' to emerge. Workplace culture, qualifications and reputation of your boss and your opportunities to be informed and grow will have to be your key concerns, with the exception of pay package deal.


'AdWise' place of job counselling: 'Colleague is leaking co secrets to his wife. Should I record it?'

Are you coping with a difficult scenario at paintings ? Talk to us as our panel of experts will lend a hand you in resolving your place of job comparable matters. You can write to us at adwise@timesgroup.com


(Sujaya Banerjee is CEO, Capstone People Consulting. She has over 29 years of revel in in leadership and changes via folks in organisations like British Gas, Essar Group, Godrej and Lowe Lintas & Partners)


'AdWise' place of job counselling: 'I am being bullied, please assist'

Are you coping with a difficult boss? Are your colleagues being mean to you? Is your place of job culture hindering your growth? Is there anything that's bothering you at paintings, which you are wary of discussing internally? Talk to us. Our panel of experts will lend a hand you in resolving your place of job comparable matters.


Talk to us:

Are you coping with a difficult boss? Are your colleagues being mean to you? Is your place of job culture hindering your growth? Is there anything that's bothering you at paintings, which you are wary of discussing internally? Talk to us. Our panel of experts will lend a hand you in resolving your place of job comparable matters. 'AdWise' will seem on those pages every Thursday that will help you together with your place of job matters.


Write to us at adwise@timesgroup.com


'AdWise' place of job counselling - How do I keep him off my turf?

It takes a lot of courage to acknowledge a problem and search an amicable operating answer. I most often lean against a quote by US actor Christopher Reeve in eventualities like those: “Once you select hope, anything’s imaginable.”

'AdWise' counselling: 'My boss turned rude after I quit' 'AdWise' counselling: 'My boss turned rude after I quit' Reviewed by Kailash on June 21, 2019 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.