Indian-origin man charged with stabbing wife in Singapore

SINGAPORE: An Indian-origin man in Singapore was once as of late charged with fatally stabbing his spouse the usage of a knife with a 10cm-long blade.
Jayselan N Chandrasegar, 29, used the knife which is prone to reason death to stab Mayuri Krishnakumar, 26, two times in her abdomen and two times on her decrease again, in step with the court docket paperwork.

He allegedly stabbed Mayuri two times in her abdomen and two times on her decrease again, inflicting her to undergo punctured wounds, Channel News Asia reported.

Jayselan, on the other hand, alleged that he didn't stab his spouse more than two times.

"Mayuri is my spouse. For the mistake that she did, I admit that what I did to her was once mistaken. I simplest stabbed her two times, (and) not more than that, Jayselan advised the court docket thru a Tamil interpreter.

"I didn't suppose that I might do any such thing to my spouse. I've a child at home. I couldn't take it that she did this to me and my child," he stated.

The incident, which was once captured on video by a bystander and shared on social media, happened came about on December 30.

Jayselan was once arrested shortly after by the police.

According to document, Mayuri had just parted ways along with her husband and was once taking a stroll with someone else when the incident befell.


The court docket heard that Jayselan were suffering from depression and was once a former patient at Institute of Mental Health (IMH).


He was once heard shouting vulgarities within the court docket, the document stated.


Jayselan will likely be remanded at IMH for psychiatric evaluation for 2 weeks and will go back to court docket on January 15.


If convicted, he could also be jailed for existence or as much as 15 years. He is also prone to a wonderful or caning.
Indian-origin man charged with stabbing wife in Singapore Indian-origin man charged with stabbing wife in Singapore Reviewed by Kailash on January 01, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.