No specific goals, just staying fit is target: Sameer Verma

NEW DELHI: With his quick global career suffering from more than one accidents, Sameer Verma needs to focus on final are compatible as atmosphere particular objectives in keeping with him is an exercise in futility.

ALSO READ: Sameer Verma lifts Swiss Open title

Sameer lifted his first title of the season on the Swiss Open Super 300 tournament on Sunday, beating former international no 2 Jan O Jorgensen of Denmark in the finals at Basel, Switzerland.

However, the Indian says he doesn't wish to make plans for the season ahead.

"I just want to stay fit, take care of my body, that is my target. I don't want to think about anything else. I know if I am 100 per cent, performance will come and my ranking will also improve," Sameer mentioned on Monday.

"I keep talking to my coaches and physios how to better take care of myself. I have realised that I was doing over training, which I have to avoid and think long term."

Even remaining year, Sameer had started on a promising notice, winning his maiden Syed Modi International Grand Prix Gold tournament in January and reached the quarterfinals on the India Superseries. However things went downhill from then onwards as he sustained a shoulder harm that compelled him to withdraw from Indonesia and Australian Open in June.

He recovered and were given an sudden entry on the World Championship however he lost early earlier than reaching quarters at Korea Open however once more a recurrence of shoulder drawback sidelined him for the second one half of the season remaining year. He had cracked the highest 20 however he once more slipped out.

After regaining health he performed on the PBL and then started the season at Indonesia, which he suffered early go out. However, a quarterfinal end at India Open and a good time out at ABC has fuelled his want to be successful.


"I have been getting result after coming back from the shoulder injury. I did well at India Open, so it gave me confidence when I came here," mentioned the 23-year-old, who had gained a bronze on the international junior championship, earlier than accidents ruined 2012 and 2013.


"It was a tough tournament. The first round was close but the quarterfinal against Kento Momota and semifinal match were toughest and gave me a lot of satisfaction as I pulled them off. I will carry this confidence in rest of the season," he mentioned.


While he neglected the berth on the Commonwealth Games and is these days in the reserve list for All England Championship, Sameer needs to play on the Asian Games.


"I'll take a break now and train for few weeks before playing at Orleans. I was in the reserve for All England but I don't think I'll get a chance to play. I missed the Commonwealth Games and so I am eyeing the Asian Games now," he signed off.
No specific goals, just staying fit is target: Sameer Verma No specific goals, just staying fit is target: Sameer Verma Reviewed by Kailash on February 26, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.