Gurugram golfer bags Under-12 gold, aspires to become a Woods

GURUGRAM: Prarthana Khanna (9) received gold within the Under-12 class of Lufthansa 52nd DLF Junior Golf Club Tournament on Friday.
The match noticed the participation of 70-odd players from around the country in more than a few categories.

The match used to be organised by means of DLF and Lufthansa in DLF Golf and Country Club, Gurugram. “Prarthana Khanna performed 52nd Lufthansa Junior Golf Tournament which used to be held on 27 April, 2018. She received within the C+D Girls class with one Palakshi Sehrawat,” said Vishal Bharti, assistant vice-president, DLF Golf and Country Club.

Prarthana certified for the match in line with her final rating by means of Indian Golf Union. She ranked No. 1 in Under-10 class. She performed five matches within the Indian Golf Union sub feeder tour 2017 and came first in Chandigarh. “Winning manner the whole lot for me. My objective is to win every match I participate in,” she said.


Prarthana started enjoying golf at the age of six. She made her mark in 2016 when she received the ‘participant of the year’ award at Albatross Tour, thanks to her 3 wins. Speaking on how she got into golf, she said, “I started enjoying golf at the age of six. My father took me to the golf range and told me to hit the golf balls with the membership and I connected well. The leisure is historical past.”


The teen has clocked 3,000 hours in training. “My father who's a practising legal professional in Delhi takes me for practice on a daily basis within the evening after I am again from faculty. I train at Hamoni Golf Camp in Gurugram on a daily basis,” said Prarthana.


Prarthana said she is thankful to her faculty, The Shri Ram School, Aravali for being supportive throughout her tournaments. The teen appears as much as Tiger Woods and would like to win masters as he did.


Gurugram golfer bags Under-12 gold, aspires to become a Woods Gurugram golfer bags Under-12 gold, aspires to become a Woods Reviewed by Kailash on May 02, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.