Verdict in journalist J Dey murder case today

MUMBAI: A day ahead of a different courtroom broadcasts its verdict in the murder of journalist J Dey, his sister Lina hopes that the accused are convicted and sentenced to dying. “I need...the entire accused who aided and abetted in killing my brother get most punishment of dying and not anything less than that. Only then will I to find peace,” Lina told TOI.

Dey (51) was once gunned down in Powai allegedly at the behest of don Chhota Rajan. Rajan was once extradited to India in December 2015. Among 10 others who faced trial in the case are journalist Jigna Vora, who's suspected of having handed on Dey’s knowledge to the gangster.


Describing the lasting have an effect on of Dey’s premature dying, Lina said, “After my brother’s murder, my family has been ruined. Last year, my mother gave up the ghost as there was once no one at house to hurry her to health facility.” Lina said that even 5 years later, she has still no longer come to the terms with the rationale at the back of the murder. “I have misplaced my will to are living. I'm only waiting for the courtroom to announce the sentence and search justice,” she said. Lina steadily reminisces concerning the instances when Dey would come house late night on his motorcycle. “No subject how late, my mother and I used to attend until Dey came house. With his dying, the whole lot has come to a standstill.”


The trial restarted after Rajan’s extradition. The CBI took over the case and a supplementary chargesheet was once filed in 2016. The CBI said Dey was once writing two books that no longer only confirmed Rajan in deficient gentle, but also put arch rival Dawood Ibrahim on a higher pedestal. About 155 witnesses deposed, of which seven have been declared antagonistic. Key witnesses have been journalists to whom Rajan spoke after the murder.


Verdict in journalist J Dey murder case today Verdict in journalist J Dey murder case today Reviewed by Kailash on May 02, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.