Youth alleges harassment by NIA, seeks protection

COIMBATORE: A 25-year-old Selvapuram resident on Wednesday petitioned the town police commissioner alleging that the sleuths of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) had been harassing him.
In his petition, A Febin Rahaman, son of Abdul Kader from Rajarathinam Nagar, stated the sleuths interrogated him a number of times in connection with the murder of Hindu Munnani functionary C Sasikumar. “I used to be summoned on April 11 pointing out there have been queries about sure phone calls I made. On the day, I used to be questioned from 10am to 8pm. However, as a substitute of inquiring about my phone calls, they asked about the functioning and organizational construction of Popular Front of India (PFI),” the petition stated.

Rahaman, who came to the commissioner's administrative center along side his mother Ashika, additionally alleged that the sleuths threatened him. “They informed me that I would face dire consequences if I did not agree to what they informed me,” he stated.


He was once more summoned on April 14 and his statements had been videographed, Rahaman stated. “Again, on April 18, I used to be asked to come for an inquiry with out formal summons and was mentally confused for hours,” he alleged. When NIA officers asked him to look the next day additionally, he refused to take action with out correct summons. Subsequently he was issued summons to look in NIA administrative center in Chennai on April 23.


“Since I used to be no longer well, I could no longer move to Chennai,’’ he stated in the petition, pointing out that he has been going through depression because of the common summons. He has sought coverage from the state executive.


NIA authorities weren't available for remark.


Youth alleges harassment by NIA, seeks protection Youth alleges harassment by NIA, seeks protection Reviewed by Kailash on May 03, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.