Facing Rashid at Sunrisers nets was an advantage: Dhawan

BENGALURU: The IPL clearly has its advantages and Indian opener Shikhar Dhawan admits that he has been a right away beneficiary of facing Afghanistan famous person spinner Rashid Khan at the Sunrisers Hyderabad nets for the past two years.

ALSO READ: Afghanistan battle again after Dhawan, Vijay centuries

Dhawan smashed his method to a 96-ball-107 and was once particularly severe on Rashid during his first session century as India completed the day at 347 for six at the first day of the historic one-off Test.

ALSO READ: BCCI congratulates Shikhar Dhawan on one-session century

"One thing (advantage) is that I have faced him (Rashid) in the nets for the past two years as we play for the same IPL team. I am used to his bowling and that was an advantage for sure. It helped me," Dhawan stated at the post-match press conference.

Dhawan was once glad that he received the struggle towards his Sunrisers teammate however at the similar time expected Rashid to transform a better Test match bowler with all the courses that he would be informed from this game.

"They came back very well in the final session and I am sure they are going to learn a lot of things and go a long way ahead. Of course, I enjoyed my battle with Rashid and I am happy that I dominated. But he is a great bowler and on his day, he will take some serious wickets," Dhawan praised the young Afghan famous person.

He turned into the first Indian to attain 100 in the first session of a Test match and he didn't learn about it until he got here again to the dressing room.

"It feels great. I didn't know about the record till I came back into the dressing room at lunch where it showed on TV."


While he got here down the monitor to the spinners, the batsmen coming later didn't do this. Dhawan refused guilty them.


"Every player has his own game and a team is made up of different characters. My game is different from Vijay's. Each one of us has different qualities. There are a few who love to step out and hit while a few play spinners from within the crease. Each one has his own plan. My strength is to step out and I played accordingly."


For Dhawan, attack is the best type of defence and he went with the glide from the beginning of the innings.


"I have full faith in my process and if you look at my earlier Test matches in Sri Lanka (barring the odd failure in Cape Town), I play with the same positive mindset. I was in good touch during IPL and wanted to continue with it," Dhawan concluded.
Facing Rashid at Sunrisers nets was an advantage: Dhawan Facing Rashid at Sunrisers nets was an advantage: Dhawan Reviewed by Kailash on June 15, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.