Father of trapped miner wants to rappel down to look for son

ASSAM: Solibar Rahman stopped operating in Meghalaya's unlawful coal mines in 2012.
The local of this village in western Assam's Chirang district is, however, assured of his talents and is now bracing for one last try to rappel down the 380-foot coal mine at Ksan in Meghalaya’s East Jaintia Hills district to seek for his son, who had now not returned from the mine since December 13.

Since the mine were given flooded around eight.30 am on December 13, the rescuers have failed to trace Rahman’s 19-year-old-son Monirul Islam and the rest of the miners who were given trapped by way of the unexpected deluge.

“I've worked within the coal mines of Meghalaya for 30 years. I know the methods — how one can climb up and down the mines. I need to move there as soon as the water is flushed out. My son is there and I should move look for him,” Rahman said.

A septuagenarian, Rahman is a first-generation miner who worked within the different coal mines of Meghalaya between 1983 and 2012. He stopped operating as his three sons grew up and began taking the responsibility of the family. Monirul's his elder brother Manik Ali works in a unique coal mine.


“I request the Meghalaya executive to present me a possibility to go and look for my son within the mine. After the water is flushed out, I believe we will move inside of and seek for the trapped persons. I've observed many deaths in coal mines in my 30 years of work there. I've taken out bodies of my colleagues from the coal mines,” he said.


He accused the federal government of delaying the rescue operation.


“The executive must have used high-powered pumps from day one. It's now not conceivable to dry out a mine by way of using customary pumps,” he identified.


“The executive can do anything they need. I am an illiterate individual however I knew from day one who pumps with greater than 120 HP will likely be required to pump out the water. How come the federal government used to be now not acutely aware of that in the beginning?” Rahman requested.
Father of trapped miner wants to rappel down to look for son Father of trapped miner wants to rappel down to look for son Reviewed by Kailash on January 06, 2019 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.