Ambala: In-laws booked for dowry harassment, subjecting woman to cruelty

AMBALA: The Ambala girls police have booked six members of a family from village Nahoni in Saha tehsil of the district for allegedly subjecting their newlywed daughter-in-law to cruelty.

On the grievance of Jasbir Kaur, resident Durga Nagar, Ambala City, a case has been registered against her husband Sarabjeet Singh, better half's father Jaswant Singh, mother-in-law Jai Kaur, brother-in-law Amarjit Singh, Baljeet Kaur (wife of Amarjit), and Tarsem Singh (son-in-law) of Jaswant below Sections 323, 406, and 498-A of the Indian Penal Code (IPC).

In her grievance, 28-year-old Jasbir Kaur alleged, “My marriage used to be solemnised with Sarabjeet Singh, resident of village Nahoni on March 23, 2018. My parents had spent enough on my marriage and they had additionally given me dowry as consistent with their capacity which integrated the entire essential items as well as jewelry, which might be nonetheless in possession of my in-laws.”


“My in-laws were not glad with the dowry and they stored taunting me and pressurising me for extra. On July 25, 2018, Sarabjeet and his members of the family beat me mercilessly with fists and kicks and I known as my brother to rescue me. Since then I'm staying at my maternal space,” Kaur added.


The father of the survivor girl told TOI, “Nearly four months ago, I had moved the court against the accused in-laws, that guided me to Ambala Women Cell. Now, after a length of nearly 3 months, a case has been registered with the Ambala girls police.”


Women SHO inspector Sunita said, “The case has come to us via choice dispute resolution (ADR) and each the events could not achieve compromise via counseling by means of the ADR officials. We have registered a case on the grievance of Jasbir Kaur. Both the events could be presented sooner than nodal officer ASP Chander Mohan, and extra motion could be taken as consistent with the officer's orders.”


Ambala: In-laws booked for dowry harassment, subjecting woman to cruelty Ambala: In-laws booked for dowry harassment, subjecting woman to cruelty Reviewed by Kailash on February 07, 2019 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.