I was playing cricket in my backyard when IPL started: Sam Curran

NEW DELHI: England all-rounder Sam Curran used to be eight years outdated when the maiden season of Indian Premier League (IPL) used to be performed in 2008. Curran, like some other teenager, dreaming of turning into a cricketer, would watch superstar avid gamers on television, hitting the ball out of the park, uprooting stumps and showcasing some nice athleticism at the field.

IPL Schedule | IPL Points Table

Curran, now 20, is a part of IPL 2019. On the back of an outstanding Test series against India final year, Curran entered the player auction as one of the most scorching selections.

When Curran's identify used to be known as out via the auctioneer, there used to be an intense bidding struggle for the England all-rounder.

Royal Challengers Bangalore and Kings XI Punjab each attempted to buy the England superstar, but it used to be Punjab who emerged victorious in spite of everything and gained the bid.

Curran in reality turned into the most expensive in another country player after Punjab paid a whopping Rs. 7.20 crore to buy the 20-year-old.

Excited to be part of the Punjab side, Curran, in an exclusive interview with Timesofindia.com, spoke about taking part in his maiden IPL season, KXIP's title-winning chances, captain Ravichandran Ashwin and his ICC World Cup 2019 selection chances.

Excerpts...

How excited are you to be taking part in your maiden IPL season?

I am actually excited to be part of the IPL. I've been gazing it for a long time. It is a terrific event. I am actually looking ahead to taking part in some just right cricket and sharing the dressing room with the most efficient avid gamers in the world.

How do you view the KXIP group having watched it on TV over the years?

Punjab have a talented bunch of boys. It is a well-balanced side. I've shared net periods with those avid gamers. I am sure I will be able to learn so much from avid gamers all over the world. We have an ideal captain in Ashwin. He is a superb leader. He did properly for KXIP final year and I am sure he will information KXIP to the title this year.



You have been just eight years outdated when IPL began in 2008. What have been you doing back then?

I was taking part in cricket with my father in the backyard of my house when IPL began (laughs). I was studying the sport at that point of time. I was gazing giant stars hitting the ball, taking wickets and doing a little nice fielding at the television display screen.

With KL Rahul, Chris Gayle, Ashwin, Shami and also you in the group, KXIP seem like a well-balanced side. How do you fee the group's chances this year?

With Gayle and Rahul on the best, we've got an ideal batting attack. Gayle is unstoppable when on fireplace. We have a tight bowling attack too. The heart order additionally appears to be like strong. It is a well-balanced side. Ashwin is a superb leader and the probabilities for KXIP appears to be like brilliant. We need to take (it) one game at a time.


England can be taking part in the ICC World Cup 2019 at home. How do you spot their title successful chances?


Yes without a doubt. There is astounding one-day cricket being performed via England. The approach England are taking part in in ODIs, the chances are brilliant. England taking part in at home are a powerful side and hope they have got higher success in the World Cup. England have a bunch of talented avid gamers and I wish they carry at the same show in the World Cup. They must take (it) one game at a time and win. It can be amazing if they elevate the title in front of the home crowd.


You have represented England in two ODIs thus far. Do you suppose you will make it to the England squad for the World Cup?


It's a dream for each player to constitute his nation in the World Cup. I additionally need to constitute my nation in the mega event. For now, I am specializing in IPL. I need to give my best possible.
I was playing cricket in my backyard when IPL started: Sam Curran I was playing cricket in my backyard when IPL started: Sam Curran Reviewed by Kailash on March 30, 2019 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.