Lt Col conned of Rs 75K by ‘airline executive’

LUCKNOW: A lieutenant colonel posted in Central Command was once conned of Rs 75,000 while checking his flight standing on Saturday.

Lt Col Yogesh Singh Thakur (title modified) stated he referred to as up the client care collection of a private airline to know the standing of his Lucknow-Patna flight of a private airline.


“I told the chief about my flight details but then the call snapped. A twinkling of an eye later, a person posing because the airline govt referred to as me. He asked me to tell him my checking account details as my flight booking were cancelled. To restore it, he stated he needed to make a payment through my account,” stated Singh.


In the method, he printed all details of his card. “The guy referred to as me a couple of instances for shopping OTPs generated on the pretext of constructing payment,” Singh stated in his complaint to the police. “Later, I got to know from the financial institution that Rs 65,000 was once withdrawn first after which 5,000 twice. The financial institution officials told me to method the police for accommodation an FIR,” stated Singh. Cybercell in charge Abhay Mishra stated a case has been registered and probe is underway. “We will ask the airline to assist in the investigation,” he stated.


Lt Col conned of Rs 75K by ‘airline executive’ Lt Col conned of Rs 75K by ‘airline executive’ Reviewed by Kailash on March 24, 2019 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.