Man sets wife on fire in front of daughter, 8

HOWRAH: A 39-year-old guy beat up his wife and set her on fireplace in entrance in their eight-year-old daughter after she protested against his extramarital affair. The incident came about early on Tuesday at their Liluah place of dwelling. The accused, Samir Karmakar, was arrested after the victim gave cops a remark on her demise mattress.

The victim, Rupali Karmakar (33), had suffered 80% burns and died around 8am. According to locals, Samir had poured kerosene on her. Cops also are looking for other participants of her husband’s family.

Sources said when their daughter, a Class-III pupil of a neighborhood English-medium college started screaming, Samir beat her up after which locked her in a room.


In her remark to cops, the girl said: “My mom asked for ingesting water when my father set her on fireplace. My father had warned me against giving her water and had dragged and locked me in a room. I started screaming and banging on the door. Hearing me scream, my grandmother got here and opened the door. But my grandfather and aunt held me back from looking to assist my mom.”


Later, Rupali’s neighbours took her to the Howrah District Hospital. The sanatorium superintendent, Narayan Chatterjee, said: “The affected person was brought with 80% burns. We shifted her to the ICU and tried to avoid wasting her, but she died in the morning.”


ACP north Pratiksha Jhajaria said, “On the root of the victim’s demise remark and the witness remark of her daughter but even so a written criticism lodged by means of the woman’s father, we've got arrested prime accused Samir Karmakar. We are actually looking for the victim’s in-laws.”


Man sets wife on fire in front of daughter, 8 Man sets wife on fire in front of daughter, 8 Reviewed by Kailash on March 27, 2019 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.