Women operate machines at Dharwad heavy engineering unit

Hubballi: Usually, males are deployed to take care of heavy machines to fabricate automotive spares. But, ladies are doing heavy engineering paintings at a unit within the Lakmanahalli Industrial Area, Dharwad.
More than 40 ladies, maximum of them illiterate and from surrounding villages of Dharwad, have proved that girls can also paintings in heavy industries. It’s a first for North Karnataka where ladies are trained to function heavy machines like CNC and VMC machines.

Harsha Patil, Precision Pressing Unit, stated, “When I began this industry, I found it tricky to run the unit due to scarcity of manpower. Finally, I determined to make use of ladies. I trained them learn how to take care of machines and manufacture automotive spare portions. Our industry manufacture automotive spare portions, bus body development portions, electric motor and turbines and we feature them to Tata Marco Polo, Kirloskar and Jodhalli Spicer. In other commercial gadgets, ladies are hired for loading and unloading, housework, packing, and other unskilled paintings. Given an opportunity, ladies can take on new challenges and prove their mettle.”

He added, “When I hired ladies to function machines, many of us steered me to choose males. But, I took it as a challenge and nowadays I’m a success in my business. I even have males workers, however ladies are the principle pressure.”


Asha Barennavar, who has been running here for the previous 8 years, stated, “I used to be trained here for a some months to paintings on huge machines. I paintings on drilling and turning machines, among others.”


Padma Koravar stated, “I’ve been running here for two years. Though my circle of relatives first of all asked me to stop running on huge machines, I took it as a challenge and still have mastered working heavy machines to fabricate bus body development portions.”


Women staff stated it’s the only company where ladies can take care of heavy machines value lakhs of rupees to fabricate commercial merchandise in North karantaka and it sends a message of ladies empowerment.


Women operate machines at Dharwad heavy engineering unit Women operate machines at Dharwad heavy engineering unit Reviewed by Kailash on March 09, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.