60-yr-old fights off leopard to save 75-yr-old

BENGALURU: Jagadish, 60, turned out to be the hero of his village on Saturday after he stored a senior citizen from getting mauled by way of a hungry leopard.

What is extra riveting is the truth that Jagadish now not handiest succeeded in preserving back the leopard with a stick, but in addition controlled to entice it inside of the house. This story spread out at Belikothanur village close to Ramanagara, on the outskirts of Bengaluru, round Friday midnight.

A sericulturist-cum-farmer, Jagadish owns a silkworm rearing shed adjoining to his house and had hired 75-year-old Thammaiah to lend a hand him. On Friday night time, Thammaiah, who sleeps inside of, had forgotten to latch the shed from inside of and went to sleep. In the intervening time, a leopard, which had strayed clear of a close-by wooded area, sneaked inside the shed and tried to attack Thammaiah.

Speaking to STOI, Jagadish mentioned: “Thammaiah started screaming loudly out of ache. I ran in opposition to the shed with a torch and a stick pondering that a bear or a snake will have to have entered the shed. I picked up Thammaiah and rushed out of the shed. While a bleeding Thammaiah was once too stunned to reply, I didn’t have the time to go and seek lend a hand as I didn’t know what would come out of the door.”


Mustering courage, Jagadish went inside the shed to ascertain what was once in the shed. “I simply iced up in fear once I saw a leopard looking at me. I began to shiver, nevertheless it was once a query of existence and loss of life for me. I knew the animal could deliver me down with a unmarried strike, but I selected to not give up. After looking at me for a couple of seconds the leopard roared and tried to advance in opposition to me, but I poked it with my stick and pushed it back. Before the leopard could come to phrases with what had happened, I ran out of the shed and locked it from out of doors.”


Subsequently, fellow villagers were alerted and wooded area department personnel were informed. Thammaiah, who had suffered accidents on the head and the arm, was once shifted to Kanakapura govt medical institution. The senior citizen is alleged to be out of threat.


On Saturday morning, villagers rushed to the shed to take a look at the leopard holed up inside of. In reality, a youth was once injured by way of the leopard when he tried to peep inside of via a window. Forest department officials from Bannerghatta National Park arrived on the spot, tranquilised the animal and captured it.


60-yr-old fights off leopard to save 75-yr-old 60-yr-old fights off leopard to save 75-yr-old Reviewed by Kailash on May 27, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.