1st woman fighter pilot dreams of flying Rafale

BENGALURU: Meghana Shanbogh MR(in p.c), an engineering graduate, by no means wanted to pursue the middle-class dream of becoming a health care provider or engineer. Adventurous and energetic since her more youthful days, she graduated as Flying Officer on Saturday, becoming the sixth woman fighter pilot of the Indian Air Force (IAF).

She is the first from Karnataka and South India. Meghana used to be born in Marle village in Chikkamagaluru, the place she did her preliminary training ahead of moving to a boarding faculty in Udupi and sooner or later finishing engineering at Sri Jayachamarajendra College of Engineering (SJCE), Mysuru. Having flown each the Pilatus elementary teacher and Kiran-MKI airplane, Meghana, who graduated from the Air Force Academy, Dundigal, will now be posted in Bidar for an advanced coaching the place she will probably be flying the Hawk.


“I’ve at all times had a zeal for adventures; I’ve accomplished extensive climbing, rock-climbing and rafting. But I may just clearly make my choice most effective once I took up paragliding, the place I met numerous other people from the force. Their lives were inspiring and I instantly knew what I might change into,” Meghana told STOI.


Having made the verdict to sign up for IAF as a pilot, she most effective dreamt of being a fighter when she started her preparations. But as fate would have it, when she came with regards to making the verdict of giving it a take a look at at IAF, the air force used to be bearing in mind allowing women into the fighter move. “Just ahead of I were given into IAF, the first three women were inducted into the fighter move...Since the fighter move used to be open, I knew I had to be part of it, and here I'm,” she said.


Meghana has flown each the Pilatus, a contemporary import, and the Kiran, an outdated workhorse of IAF, which she found more challenging. She’ll fly a fighter jet after she has sufficient flying hours at the Hawk. She may get to fly the Mirage and MiG to start with when she joins the air force, however Meghana said: “I dream of flying the Rafale one day.”
1st woman fighter pilot dreams of flying Rafale 1st woman fighter pilot dreams of flying Rafale Reviewed by Kailash on June 18, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.