Jet Airways independent director quits

NEW DELHI: Jet Airways’ impartial director Vikram Singh Mehta has resigned from crisis-ridden airline. In a statement, Jet stated Mehta “has expressed his inability to proceed as an impartial director at the board of Jet Airways because of his contemporary time constraints, commitments and different obligations, and has in consequence resigned from his position with impact from Friday (November 9) 2018.”


“As consistent with Mehta, ‘in contemporary months, the call on my time from my different obligations has fixed and I in finding it increasingly tricky to devote the time and attention required to discharge my fiduciary tasks. It is because of this that I have resigned. I want to specific my gratitude to my colleagues at the Board for their strengthen and to the Chairman for his leadership’,” the airline stated in its statement.


Mehta started his occupation with IAS in 1978. He resigned from the IAS in 1980 and spent the following 32 years in the petroleum industry both in the public and private sector. He left the petroleum industry in 2012 as chairman of the Shell Group of Companies in India.


The resignation comes days sooner than Jet goes to announce its Q2 result on Monday.
Jet Airways independent director quits Jet Airways independent director quits Reviewed by Kailash on November 11, 2018 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.