From Jajpur to US, Hemant’s leap of faith guides him to NASA

Kendrapada: Hemant Ojha grew up on a day by day diet of poverty. Born right into a circle of relatives of four brothers and two sisters, Hemant being the third of the siblings, they needed to rely at the meagre income of their father, who labored in a stone quarry, for sustenance. But despite loss of resources and financial crunch, Hemant lived on hope. Today, the 25-year-old is on the point of head to america and a dream process of a scientist at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration, extra common as NASA.
“Despite all the hardships, my father (Arjun Charana Ojha) never made me really feel the ache. He fulfilled all my wishes. He had this dream of seeing me succeed in life,” stated Hemant, who grew up at Raichanda village beneath Dharmasala block of Jajpur district. While his brothers and sisters didn't move the varsity degree, Hemant studied at the village faculty sooner than heading to Ravenshaw College in Cuttack, where he did his BSc with applied mathematics. Later, he did his PhD in applied mathematics from IIT Madras.

“From my youth my father has taught me to paintings silently and let good fortune make the noise. Finally, his arduous paintings has paid off,” stated Hemant who will heading to Washington DC on March 13 and join NASA as a junior scientist.


Talking about how he were given thru to the elite space research institute, Hemant stated closing 12 months he and six others from India were given a chance to spend a month in NASA as research assistants. It used to be there they were given a chance to provide their projects. Hemant’s challenge on weather prediction and data research stuck NASA’s consideration. Recently, he were given an appointment letter from NASA, signed by means of its administrator Jim Bridenstine. “I was over the moon once I were given the letter,” stated Hemant.


When Arjun heard the news of his son joining NASA, tears started working down his cheeks and refused to forestall. “I labored arduous as a stone-cuter in my village and close by spaces. But I've at all times tried to assist my son in his studies. I bought a piece of land and my spouse’s gold ornaments to teach Hemant. Today I am extraordinarily glad that Hemant will likely be joining NASA,” stated Arjun.


“He has accomplished what 1000's in his age-group can most effective dream of,” stated Arun Kumar Kaista, who taught Hemant at the village faculty. “His arduous labour has borne culmination,” he added.


From Jajpur to US, Hemant’s leap of faith guides him to NASA From Jajpur to US, Hemant’s leap of faith guides him to NASA Reviewed by Kailash on February 09, 2019 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.