‘Kumbh has been an ethereal experience’" Sangram Singh and Payal Rohatgi

Meera.Vohra@timesgroup.com Celebrity couple, wrestler Sangram Singh and actress Payal Rohtagi, who made an impromptu visit to Kumbh Mela, are not regretting their resolution. Payal, reveals that Sangram had some work in Lucknow, so she instructed that the couple visits Prayagraj too. “I stated, why don’t we move to Prayagraj for the Kumbh as I had heard so much about it. When we reached town, the roads were overflowing with other people. There used to be a slight site visitors hitch however that used to be insignificant as I was looking forward to a dip at Sangam. I were to Haridwar earlier however that is my first time at Sangam. Kumbh Mela is one of the best ways to get an insight of our tradition. I might be an actor professionally, however as a person I must know what our rituals, faith or our history is. Kumbh Mela really helps you on this. It’s been an ethereal enjoy,” says the 'Rakht' actor
Payal Rohatgi praying at Kumbh Mela in Prayagraj (BCCL/ Pankaj Singh)

While Sangram Singh, winner of Commonwealth Heavyweight Wrestling Championship, says, “The moment I shared my Kumbh Mela image, I were given a minimum of 250 requests from my buddies and acquaintances for unke naam ki dubki. I instructed them in lighter vein that I will be able to catch pneumonia if I take such a lot of dips within the river.”
Sangram adds, “On a serious be aware, I was reminded of my village on achieving the mela, Haryana (my home state) aur UP waise bhi aas paas hain, toh ek jaise hi lagte hain. I saw a lot of other people, some of them barefooted, from rural milieu, with bags on their head, walking within the mela area. As a child I used to stroll for nearly 20 kms to university, barefooted as I did not possess a pair of shoes, despite the fact that now a lot of changes are taking place in each those states.”
The snaan at Sangam used to be additionally an ethereal enjoy for them. “It began raining once we reached for the dip which I feel used to be a type of a blessing. On our means, at the boat, we saw a lot of migratory birds or even fed them. Though the water used to be really cold, both of us took more than seven dips,” shares Sangram.
Payal used to be additionally slightly taken in via the atmosphere at the mela. “With such a lot of other people provide, with a common faith, the air of mystery of where used to be very sure. In overall it used to be an excellent enjoy," she says.

Sangram, a contestant of reality show 'Bigg Boss 7', at the same time additionally believes within the mantra of, ‘guy changa toh kathoti mein Ganga’ (if our soul is pure then we will be blessed even supposing we take tub anyplace else). The celebrity couple have adopted more than 150 college children thru a foundation that looks after the elemental needs of underprivileged children, including their education. “We additionally fortify disadvantaged children if they've aspirations in sports activities. Some time back we had organized a wrestling tournament for budding wrestlers in Delhi within the memory of KD Jhadav, the first Indian wrestler to win a medal at Olympics. In this we had additionally honoured the past legends as neatly. We need to be a medium to result in alternate in others’ lives,” he says.

Sangram Singh at Kumbh Mela in Prayagraj (BCCL/ Pankaj Singh)


Though there used to be a lot of buzz about the couple getting married in November ultimate year, issues didn't determine as that they had planned. “My father used to be detected with prostate most cancers. I was in a unique mind-set. We had to determine the line of treatment for him, which used to be slightly worrying. Even now he's hospitalized,” says Payal, giving the cause of the extend of their wedding ceremony. With no plans for them right now to get married, Sangram says, “When we do, we can desire a non-public rite, adopted via a reception.”

On the work front Sangram will soon be seen within the Shyam Benegal directed biopic on wrestler KD Jhadav. “I have misplaced 20kgs weight for the role. The shooting of the movie will begin someday in March. I am additionally playing a hockey participant for an untitled movie of a recognized production area. The movie will soon move at the floors,” he says.

While Payal, who prefers to work independently, says, “Both folks don’t need to work in each other’s shadow. Currently I am running on a

Punjabi movie, for which we can begin shooting in May.”

— Meera.Vohra@timesgroup.com
‘Kumbh has been an ethereal experience’" Sangram Singh and Payal Rohatgi ‘Kumbh has been an ethereal experience’" Sangram Singh and Payal Rohatgi Reviewed by Kailash on February 10, 2019 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.