'Can I find love on a dating app?'

Question: I am 27 years outdated and a widespread user of courting apps. My highest friend recently got married and curiously, she had met her husband on a courting app. Honestly, I feel a little jealous. I've been using those apps for almost a yr now and feature never met any individual who desires a major dating. Am I having fallacious expectations from those apps and my friend used to be just lucky? Or, there may be some downside with me? —By Anonymous



Response via Ms. Rachana Awatramani:
Nowadays, courting apps are very often used. It has its own professionals and cons, and each person has their non-public reasons for using it.

I comprehend that your friend discovered her husband on a courting app and you're feeling jealous as you have been using the apps for a yr now but have now not discovered any person who's looking for a major dating. I will be able to remember that this case is creating self-doubt in you and also making you query your expectations from those apps.


Firstly, it is herbal to really feel envious in this type of scenario. Secondly, there are not many success tales of other people assembly on courting apps and getting married. However, we can't deny there are few instances where other people have met their existence companions on such apps. Lastly, it relies on what you might be looking for and your profile will have to make issues clear about your expectations from the app.


Nevertheless, I might recommend that you take some time to reflect and get readability on what precisely are you looking for. Then, filter out the apps that you need to use as there are more than a few apps with different intentions available in the market. You can use the apps which allow you to reach your expectations and goals.



- Ms. Rachana Awatramani is a Counseling Psychologist at Insight Counseling Services in Mumbai



Want skilled advice on your dating? Send us a mail at expertadvice.toi@gmail.com



'Can I find love on a dating app?' 'Can I find love on a dating app?' Reviewed by Kailash on March 27, 2019 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.