NGO's fashion show for spinal injury survivors

CHANDIGARH: A one-of-its-kind fashion display - Samman Aaj Ki Zaroorat - was once organised for spinal injury survivors on Sunday at Sector 7, Chandigarh.

Nicky P Kaur, who runs an NGO, Chandigarh Spinal Rehab Centre, in Chandigarh, said the event was once held to make such survivors take into account that they may be able to reach the rest of their lives.

"My aim is to give meaning to the lives of such survivors and help them understand that they are capable of achieving everything," said kaur.

One of the survivors, Kaushalya Devi, said that with focused guidance, a survivor of spinal injury can intention for the stars.

"I am a resident of Himachal. Twelve years ago, I damaged my spine after falling from a great height. After the accident, my husband and son deserted me. It was only in 2016 that I met Kaur. Today, I have started believing in my abilities and have regained my lost confidence. As of now, I am heading housekeeping department of Kaur's NGO," Devi said.

Another patient Vidya Kumari said she appreciated to play table tennis, lawn tennis and basketball. "I had given all hopes, however, today I know that no matter what, one must not stop living," Kumari said.


She said that she regarded as Kaur their Mother Teresa as she enabled her and others to start out a new lifestyles.


Seerat, an Eight-year-old survivor, said she wanted to be a singer when she grew up. Her mom, Pooja Bhatti, said that her ambition in lifestyles was once to make her daughter succeed in new heights.


"Seerat is a very cheerful kid and doesn't believe that she has limitations. She wants to make us proud," Bhatti said.


Meanwhile, the contributors have been named superwomen. "A superwoman is anyone, who goes through major challenges in life and comes off with flying colours. Every woman that rises from a point of no return is a superwoman," Kaur said.
NGO's fashion show for spinal injury survivors NGO's fashion show for spinal injury survivors Reviewed by Kailash on March 25, 2019 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.