Rishabh Pant can be the next big thing, says Yuvraj Singh

MUMBAI: After smashing a match-winning, unbeaten 78 off simply 27 balls for the Delhi Capitals against the Mumbai Indians on the Wankhede Stadium on Sunday night, Rishabh Pant won praise from India's 2011 World Cup hero, Yuvraj Singh.


IPL Schedule


"I can't really say about (Pant's) selection (into India's World Cup team) but Rishabh was outstanding today. He (Pant) had an outstanding season last year as well. He is playing well in Test matches as well. To score two hundreds overseas at such an age shows his character. It is important that we groom him well and hopefully he is the next big thing for us," complimented Yuvraj, who watched helplessly as Pant smoked his crew's bowlers for seven sixes and as many fours in an unbelievable knock that formed his crew's 37-run win.


Making a successful debut for his sixth franchise in the IPL, Yuvraj scored a 35-ball 53 for MI in the crew's opener. Replying to a query on what keeps the veteran batsman going at 37, Yuvraj stated that he would raise on taking part in until he loved the sport. "The final two years, were up and down (for me). And I may now not make a decision on what to do and the primary thing was that why I played the sport when I started taking part in the sport, I played the sport as a result of I loved taking part in cricket. When I loved taking part in cricket, I was now not taking part in for India, I was taking part in for U-16, U-14. So until the time I revel in taking part in cricket, I'm going to play.


Yuvraj stated that chatting with batting legend Sachin Tendulkar, who is part of the MI dugout as the franchise icon, had helped him transparent up his thoughts about his means in the twilight years of his profession. "When the time comes, I can be the primary one to hang my boots. I've been chatting with Sachin (Tendulkar) as smartly and he has gone via that time when he was 37-38-39 (and how he felt). Talking to him makes issues easier for me. And I am simply taking part in as a result of I revel in taking part in cricket just about," he stated.
Rishabh Pant can be the next big thing, says Yuvraj Singh Rishabh Pant can be the next big thing, says Yuvraj Singh Reviewed by Kailash on March 25, 2019 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.