My body will be at peace now: Ashish Nehra

NEW DELHI: Having persisted a lot pain in his 18-year-long injury-littered but successful occupation, Ashish Nehra says his frame can be at peace as he bid adieu to world occupation on Wednesday.

"I will miss all this. That's what you train for. One thing which will definitely be at peace will be my body. I said earlier that I can go a couple more years, but there can't be a better time to walk away," Nehra stated after his swansong sport in world cricket.

Nehra was requested through skipper Virat Kohli to bowl the remaining over of the primary T20I match against New Zealand, which India received through 53 runs.

"I must be the one bowler who sent down the last over most number of times for India. But those times were different. There was no pressure today."

Nehra stated the sport has modified a lot since he began taking part in.

"I played my first game here in 1997. The rules have changed and so many runs are being scored. But whatever happens, this team is here to stay. The future of Indian cricket is in safe hands for the next six-seven years," he stated.

Nehra stated there are few moments that outline cricketers and such moments additionally create their image.


"I have played under many different people, but it has been a memorable journey. I was telling Viru also this; he scored so many runs, but people still call him Multan ka Sultan, so you are remembered for a particular moment," he stated.


Nehra stopped taking part in Test cricket many years again but he has no regrets.


"At times, you select up wickets off unhealthy balls, but as a cricketer, you in entrance of a replicate wish to realise how well you might be taking part in and what you want to do. There are so many individuals who requested me if I might have favored to play Test cricket. But you'll see the glass as half-full or half-empty.


"I remaining played Test cricket when I was 24 or 25, but on the finish, to have played for 18 years and to be here standing in blue clothes and to have played my ultimate match, I may just no longer have requested for anything extra. I have no regrets. I am always happy, retired or otherwise."
My body will be at peace now: Ashish Nehra My body will be at peace now: Ashish Nehra Reviewed by Kailash on November 02, 2017 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.