Saina more determined playing against me & Sindhu: Ratchanok

NEW DELHI: Former World champion Ratchanok Inthanon of Thailand says she needs to be informed a trick or two from her gritty Indian rival Saina Nehwal, who at all times comes throughout extra determined to win all through their on-court duels.

Ratchanok, a two-time champion at the India Open, has a dark head-to-head file of Five-11 against Saina, who has defeated her within the remaining five conferences.

"I expect too much from myself when I play against Saina. I know Saina is strong and never gives up. Like in the Asian Games, I was leading 17-9 or something but I lost. So she is a good fighter and I have to learn from her. Saina has come back stronger," Ratchanok mentioned.

The 24-year-old from Thailand, a three-time world junior champion, has a greater file Saina's compatriot and Olympic silver-medallist P V Sindhu, although she has failed to beat the Indian in remaining three encounters.

"I also like Sindhu. I'm closer to her as we are almost same age and she sometimes supports me," Ratchanok mentioned.

"I know Saina has a better record against Sindhu. I don't know what is the reason but I think when Saina plays against me or Sindhu, she is more determined."

Interestingly, Ratchanok and Sindhu hit the headlines together at the 2013 World Championship where the Thai went directly to turn out to be the youngest champion after shocking Olympic champion Li Xuerui of China, while Sindhu shocked defending champion Wang Yihan and previous champion Wang Shixian.

While Ratchanok has long past directly to win extra titles -- 4 World Tour occasions and six Super Series tournaments --, Sindhu has mostly struggled final hurdle.


"Sindhu infrequently almost certainly gets excited like me, so mentality is necessary. It controls the whole thing.


"With excellent mentality, Sindhu can win extra titles. She is also underneath extra force as a result of she lost in giant tournaments and she or he expects to win when she plays next in giant occasions. She is too fearful in regards to the effects," Ratchanok explained.


Among the present crop of players, Ratchanok has the most efficient file of 13-10 against world no.1 Tai Tzu Ying, an impressive shuttler from Chinese Taipei who has completely ruled the international circuit within the remaining two years.


"Everyone asks me about my file with Tai Tzu. We have the similar taste and It's not that i am afraid after I play her or do not think an excessive amount of. Tai Tzu plays harder shots them me, but somewhere I believe she is aware of me and I know her," Ratchanok mentioned.
Saina more determined playing against me & Sindhu: Ratchanok Saina more determined playing against me & Sindhu: Ratchanok Reviewed by Kailash on March 28, 2019 Rating: 5
Powered by Blogger.